°Chapter twenty one°

Tw//mentions of suicide, abusive parents, homophobia, and abandonment

That evening when Donghyuck and Jisung had went over to their friends house, Ten waited for his husband to arrive home as he plated their dinner and set it on the table.

Johnny stepped through the front door and locked it behind him, removing his sneakers and coat. The tall man strided over to give Ten's cheek a small peck before going to the bathroom to wash his hands.

He walked back into the dinning room, glancing at Ten's face which was filled with seriousness as Johnny raised his hands defensively.

"I didn't watch the avengers without you! I swear," Johnny shook his head and Ten only rolled his eyes, clicking his tongue with the roof of his mouth.

"That's not what I was going to say," Ten answered with a sigh and Johnny visibly relaxed.

"Oh, so then what's wrong? You seem upset," Johnny asked while clearing his throat as they both took a seat down at the dinning table.

"Donghyuck. It's about Donghyuck," Ten told him and Johnny sighed in annoyance.

"What did this kid do this time?" Johnny asked in vexation.

"It's not about what he's doing, it's about we we're doing to him," Ten corrected his husband who lifted an eyebrow in confusion.

"Johnny, we fucked up," Ten admitted and Johnny still held his look of perplexity.

"What are you talking about?" The taller questioned, their food was getting cold but neither of them seemed to notice or care.

"We're the reason, if not many, that Donghyuck has been portraying himself this way. We aren't giving him the same amount of attention we give to Jisung and I really think that's bothering him. Taeyong helped me see that and the more I think about the more I get pissed at myself for being such a terrible parent," Ten confessed and Johnny scoffed.

"We are giving him attention. What are you even saying? Do you hear yourself right now?" Johnny asked in disbelief.

"No, do you hear yourself right now? When was the last time we've shown Donghyuck any sort of attention or appreciation? When was the last time the both of us gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek just to do it out of love instead of a routined wish goodnight? When was the last time we told him we loved him and that we are proud of everything he has accomplished? When the fuck was the last time we told him how beautiful he looks both with and without makeup? When have we ever thought about him in other situations and not just Jisung and his professional fighting career? When was the last time we asked him how he's doing, both physically and mentally?"

By now, Ten's eyes were spilling tears as he continued to tremble over his words.

"All this time we've getting getting angry with him and threatening him to put him into therapy instead of trying to understand him, instead of trying to understand what he's going through. And you know what? He has every right to feel this way. He has every right to be angry with us because we haven't been there for him," Ten cried and Johnny stayed silent at his husband's words

"We promised we'd love both Jisung and Donghyuck, not just one child and forget about the other," Ten's voice slowly becoming inaudible due to his cries.

Johnny didn't know what to say actually. He just sat there, not uttering a single word as he watched Ten breakdown in tears. He stood up and made his way over to Ten's chair, as they were seated across from each other.