𝐕𝐈

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓ミ★ ( something wicked, act one ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓
ミ★ ( something wicked, act one ) ★彡

     Mason Lockwood was never the type of person to attend founding family obligations and events, it was always more of his brother's thing to do. He was always more than happy to skip those types of events to go and make out behind the bleachers with his girlfriend rather than brown-nose whoever approached him to appease his parents. Mason was the black sheep of his family; and he was happy with that role because it made it easier to escape the deep gripping claws of Mystic Falls once he graduated so he could explore the world, and live a life outside of a small town expectation.

      Since he left his hometown, he became a werewolf, and in turn, became an alpha of a pack. He travelled and met new people. He fell in love with a beautiful woman that he still believes is out of his league. All things he doesn't think he could do if he had stayed in Mystic Falls. He never wanted to come back, he was happy having left the town in his rearview mirror until he heard of the curse of the sun and the moon; and that they needed a moonstone to break it so he wouldn't have to turn every full moon. He knew his brother had it, but they hadn't spoken since he was last in town, which didn't end well since they had a large fight about responsibility.

Mason and Richard were too prideful to admit their wrongdoings, so they were much more content not speaking ever again. Mason honestly thought he'd never get the opportunity to get his hands on the moonstone because of how stubborn both he and his brother were, until he heard of his brother's death. It might've been in bad taste to return home under the pretences of grieving his brother's death, rather than looking to steal a family heirloom, but Mason is desperate to manage his curse—especially if there's a chance his niece and nephew could end up like him while living in a town crawling with vampires and witches.

He doesn't know their teenage selves very well, but he can see himself in them. They're stubborn and angry, and if history has a way of repeating itself—which it does—there's a highly likely chance they'll trigger their curse; whether that be accidental or intentional.

It was the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day. Preparations were underway and Carol Lockwood had put Mason to work if he wanted that moonstone. He didn't mind the task he was given because it wasn't socialising with pompous assholes, rather it was heavy lifting—and that was a more isolated task.

He was moving boxes from his trunk, listening to his sister-in-law give her speech when Stefan walks up to him. He looks at him inquisitively since he's never actually spoken to him yet, although he's had plenty of run ins with his older brother, "Stefan, right? The other Salvatore."