𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙒𝙊ミ★ ( something wicked, act two ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙒𝙊
ミ★ ( something wicked, act two ) ★彡

A newly transitioned Rhea Lockwood stood in front of her high school the next day. She and her friends were each staring at the building with mixed emotions while everyone else was extremely buzzed to be back and see their friends after the summer break. Everyone else had no idea about the horror that filled the walls of their high school the night before, but, Rhea relived it almost every time she looked at herself in the mirror, reminding herself of what happened whenever the veins underneath her eyes appeared. Looking at the gymnasium made her sick, and she wanted nothing more than to have a sick day, but, she didn't trust herself to be alone knowing the damage she could cause if she wanted to—or even if she didn't want to.

     The sound of people's blood pumping with excitement or anxiety made her throat burn with hunger as she gulped, holding onto Caroline's arm tightly to try and distract herself from the thought of tearing into her school friends. Control was never her strong suit, her emotions would drive her constantly and she would act on anger whenever she could because of her werewolf side, and now she was reminded that those emotions were heightened because she was a hybrid and she would need to focus on staying in control. Things like making sure her hunger was sedated and her emotions were in check.

     "Senior year." Caroline sighed with a painful yet excited smile on her face despite Rhea's nails digging into her skin. She had been dreaming about what this day would feel like since she had started high school; it was her last year and she would be off to college—hopefully to one in New York like she and Rhea had dreamed about since they were little.

     It was silent as everyone took in their thoughts before Bonnie spoke up, "Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" She grimaced.

     Caroline's arms threw up in the air, "Okay. So, prank night was a bust."

     "Major bust." Rhea emphasised as she drank from her water bottle that was definitely not filled with water, reminding them of the fact that Klaus had turned her and Tyler into hybrids, killed Dana and Chad and nearly drained Elena of all of her blood. Apparently Matt had even drowned himself to help Bonnie find the answer that Klaus was looking for—using his time in between the dead and living planes to talk to Vicki.

     "But, we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline continued and the girls continued to walk towards the front doors of the school.

     "You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriend hinder this experience?" Bonnie thought out loud and Rhea's face scrunched at the thought of Jeremy flirting with his ghost ex-girlfriend that no one else could see.