𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙎𝙄𝙓ミ★ ( something wicked, act three ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙎𝙄𝙓
ミ★ ( something wicked, act three ) ★彡

     Having no humanity was fun. Rhea couldn't see what Stefan was always whining about when it came to being so reluctant to turn it off. Having emotions was exhausting—being anything but numb to her surroundings was exhausting. It was quite freeing being without the chains of emotions. She didn't have to worry about accidentally hurting someone's feelings or caring if she had just killed someone's family member or friend. She just simply didn't care and it felt fucking great.

Stefan really didn't just get it like Rhea did. She could embrace her true hybrid nature and not feel remorse for it. He only focused on the repercussions of his actions while he had no humanity while Rhea believed that she just needed to own whatever shitty thing she had done. He was too concerned about his image to ever want to turn it off—and honestly, that was his problem not hers. And anyone else that tried to make her feel any different than she did was getting smacked. She liked how she felt—or rather, liked how she didn't feel.

Don't get her wrong, she could remember what emotions feel like and how distraught she was over her brother's death, it was all very... dramatic.

There were too many tears and too much crying in Rhea's opinion which was why she much preferred to be numb. She saw how she looked in Elijah's eyes and she never wanted to look or be that way ever again.

     Rhea wasn't stupid either, she knew that everyone around her would try to get her to turn it back on—they would see it as her getting her closure for her brother's death rather than putting off the inevitable when she turned it back on. For that, she skipped town immediately once she got the chance. Tyler told her that the Council was on everyone's case after Alaric exposed them all for being vampires and she took that seriously. She still valued her life after all even though she didn't have emotions.

She found herself in New York. She could remember that her and Caroline always dreamed of visiting New York one day or even possibly going to college there, and there was a part of her that must've drove her there. She wasn't sure how she had gotten there since she blacked out for a little bit after a few drunken blood binges. New York was great—it was busy with people and a good place to hide from anyone looking for her from how many people resided there—and there were plenty of bars for her to spend her days drinking and partying. Rhea felt free.

She was constantly ignoring the calls and texts from everyone back home. They were practically begging her to come back and help them while everything was turning to shit, but, Rhea didn't care. The stress of having to protect everyone was no longer on her shoulders and her head was staying there too. Call her selfish, but, Rhea believed she deserved a day off from all of the mess that was her every day life.