Chapter seven

"Gentlemen, so nice to meet again. This is (Y/n), my assistant. She is accompanying me on this excursion as my right-hand woman." Lionel explained, justifying his actions to the judgemental group of sour-faced individuals. Mr. Sangetti stood up, smiling as he walked over to the both of you and shook your hands, pulling you in roughly to kiss your cheek and whisper in your ear.
"I knew he'd bring you, darling. Good work." He cooed, pulling away and shooting Lionel a knowing look before returning to his seat. Lionel grit his teeth, suddenly feeling stressed over the way the room was still eyeing you up. You decided to break the silence.
"Thanks so much for including me, Sir." You hummed, "And thank you, Mr.Sangetti, for having me."
"My pleasure... all of our collective pleasure, infact." He hissed, clenching his jaw as he blatantly stared at your chest from his seat.

The meeting commenced and you sat alongside Lionel, assisting him as he spoke, discussing the crucial merge between the two companies. You did your best to follow along but eventually got distracted by the two men to your left, smirking and muttering to each other as they watched you shift uncomfortably in your seat. You decided to stay silent, having no intention to mess up Lionel's flow as he continued to debate various topics with Mr.Sangetti, turning a blind eye to you as he spoke.

One of the men let out a low chuckle, gaining your fleeting attention as you shot him a cold look. He raised his eyebrow, challenging your stern expression and feeling unsatisfied with your attitude towards him.
"What's the problem, princess? You seem a bit uptight... boss's cock not doing the job?" He mumbled, reaching under the table and grabbing your bare thigh. Lionel's eyes snapped to you as you let a gasp escape your lips, interrupting his discussion. The group continued without him as he furrowed his brows and turned to face you fully.

"What's wrong?" He muttered, slowly realising what was going on as his eyes dropped to your lap. He parted his lips and grit his teeth, shooting the man beside you a stern look.
"I suggest you take your hands off of her immediately before I notify your boss of your actions." Lionel growled. The man caught Lionel's eye and began sliding his hand up to the hem of your skirt with a smug look on his face as you froze in shock.
"What's wrong, Mr.Shabandar, don't like sharing? That bodes well for the merge... May I remind you, what's yours is now also... ours." The man snarled, gripping you tightly as you looked up at Lionel with tears in your eyes.

"That's enough!" He yelled, leaving his seat and grabbing the man by his throat. He lifted him from his chair, causing the group to stand in defence. Lionel shoved him into the wall and pinned him against it, pushing his knee into his crotch roughly in an attempt to gain his full attention.
"Typical of you to make a sce-" The man taunted.
"Don't fucking touch her." Lionel spat, interrupting him and tightening his grip as Mr.Sangetti calmly wandered over, placing a hand on Lionel's back. "Better yet, don't even look at her." He snapped, watching as the man's face turned bright red.

"What did I miss?" Mr.Sangetti hummed, watching as his colleague struggled to catch his breath and Lionel loosened his grasp in an attempt to control his anger.
"A slight miscommunication is all, I trust we have it sorted now, don't we?" Lionel growled, composing himself and waiting for a response from the man.
"Y-yes... understood." He choked, shocked at Lionel's actions.

Lionel returned to you, doing his best to stay professional as his heart sunk at your withdrawn expression.
"I believe that's our sign to leave." he muttered, placing his hand firmly on your shoulder and encouraging you to stand up. You turned and faced him, furrowing your brows and shooting him a shocked look.
"S-sir, y-you're not done, we still have-"
"We're leaving, now." He demanded, not letting his composure waver as you nodded in submission.

"We're off." Lionel grunted, pursing his lips at the group and scowling at Mr.Sangetti. "One minute." He muttered to you, walking over to the head of the table and pulling Mr.Sangetti to the side.
"I suggest you hire a competent set of staff that won't make advances on my assistant. She's permanent and neither of us take kindly to perverts." He hissed, making his point clear as he raised an eyebrow.
"I'll consider it."
"Until then, it was a pleasure doing business with you, but I'm putting a pin in it." He spat, turning on the balls of his feet and rejoining you, swiftly leading you out of the building.