Chapter 2 [Part 1]

Tegan's pov

Today I will be going to see Jac the matchmaker, she wants to see me for some reason and she probably wants me to try out another marriage. I have been married twice before but the marriages never lasted long. At some point when the men turned into a child, the marriages were terminated.

The first guy I married was lovely, his name was Ryan but there was something up with him, we didn't know what so we went to see a Doctor who told us Ryan had a rare blood cancer. I thought Vampires couldn't get ill but apparently a Vampire can get cancer from drinking dirty blood and nothing can be done to help. I was gutted when I found out and spent as much time as I could with him. When Ryan died only a week after I met him, I was broken. I didn't get to meet him as a man but I'm sure he would have been a great husband and I will miss him. The short amount of time I had with him was precious, I will never forget him.

I didn't want to get married ever again after that but I was lonely so I decided to see Jac again and was married again shortly after to Jonah. Jonah was perfectly healthy but we didn't really bond so the marriage ended after just a few days. If we had left it longer then the marriage could not be terminated because after a few months of marriage, a rule in the contract says you can't separate or the man will die unless there was a valid reason. We didn't want to take that chance so terminating the marriage was the only option seeing as we didn't want to stay together.

After Jonah, I gave up on marriage but now years later, I am in front of the mirror in my bedroom getting ready to see Jac. I dressed into a short black dress and left my legs bare. I put on black flat shoes and left my long brown hair loose. I did simple makeup of a little concealer and eye liner, I slipped on my blue denim jacket before running using my Vampire speed ability to see Jac.

Only a few seconds later, I was outside Jac's office. I hesitated before knocking.

"Just a minute," Jac's voice said from inside her office. Within a minute, Jac opened the door and welcomed me to take a seat in front of her desk. I sat down and waited for her to speak.

"So you must be wondering why I asked you to come here today Tegan," Jac said.

"Yes," I replied. "Why have you asked me here today?"

"I thought maybe you could give this marriage thing another go,"

"I don't think I want to," I admitted. After 2 failed marriages, I don't want to be heartbroken for a third time. It will ruin me.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to get hurt again," I sadly replied as I got flashbacks of my previous marriages. Poor Ryan, he died so young. He was older than me at 33 but that is still young, he had his whole eternal life ahead of him if it weren't for the cancer. I don't know how he caught the disease and I still can't help but think what it would be like if he was still alive.

"I'm sure you won't, I have a good feeling about this," Jac tried to assure me. She could tell I was thinking of Ryan with the look of sympathy she was giving me. I hate when people do that, try to sympathise with you because they will never know what you are feeling, they just pretend like they do when in reality they have no clue.

"You do?"

"Yes. What you went through with your previous husbands was terrible but that was years ago. Now could be your time to find someone special,"

"I don't know," I said unsurely and began fidgeting with my hands. It was getting awkward but then Jac's phone rang.

"I'm sorry it's important, I have to take this," Jac apologized.