53 // All My Fault

a/n: hi guys i'm in steamboat springs rn and it's so weird because i went into the EXACT store harry and lili went in and i saw a weed shirt and yeah. weird.

anyways sorry i'm so mia all the time. love you guys. enjoy babes❤️

* * *

Dinner filled me to my breaking point, and I honestly ate so much I felt like I was about to burst at any given moment. I ate so much not only because I was aggressively hungry, but also because Anne made so much for the just three of us, that I would've felt guilty if I didn't fill up until I couldn't physically eat anymore.

I felt like I had eaten so much on just this trip alone, and I wasn't sure whether it was the nerves or the incredible meals that made it almost impossible for me to stop stuffing my face with food. It's nice when you have someone else to prepare such yummy food for you, instead of doing it yourself. This kind of treatment was a luxury I haven't been able to enjoy much since adulthood.

Having had so much to eat, I felt a little gross, and it definitely wasn't because of the food itself. All I really needed was a shower.

"Hey, is it alright with you if I like...use your shower?" I ask Anne timidly as I'm helping her clean up after dinner. "I won't take too long or have the water too hot, I just feel like I really need to take one." I chuckle awkwardly, feeling oddly embarrassed for my request.

Anne stops her hands' movements as they rinse mashed potatoes off a plate, turning to look at me with a completely blank, emotionless face.

"No," she says, the tone of her voice just as blunt as her face.

I quickly felt like a bucket of embarrassment was dumped over my head. I had felt nervous to ask, and now I can see why.

But then suddenly, Anne's face cracks into a smile. And soon after, small, quiet laughter fell from her lips. She shakes her head, finding her joke far funnier than I did.

"Of course you can take a shower," she says, completely opposite from the impression she was just giving me.

My brain instantaneously remembered the time when Harry did this exact same thing. When we were in Florida a few weeks ago, around his birthday, he denied a kiss from me as a joke. He obviously came back and paid up, but he had left me feeling stupid for asking for those few seconds when I thought he wasn't joking.

Harry must've gotten that from Anne.

"Oh o-okay," I say, my mind still slightly caught off guard, nodding vigorously.

Anne chuckles once again, seemingly really getting a kick out of this. She hunches over the kitchen as she continues her laughter, meanwhile I stand behind her awkwardly, holding my hands together.

As her short laughing fit came to an end, she straightened her posture and turned back to me with the remnants of a smile lingering over her face. 

"Sorry love, I had to," Anne apologizes. "You can use the bathroom across the hall from you and Harry's room. There are towels in the hall closet."

"Okay, thank you so much," I say with a forced smile, turning to walk away.

"Wait, Lili," Anne stops me in my tracks with her words as she quickly turns off the tap. "Do you have shampoo and soap and everything?"

"Uh, I'm fairly certain Harry brought some with us, yeah," I told her with a nod.

"Alright, well if you need anything, and I seriously mean anything, don't be afraid to ask. I'll just be in here tidying up," Anne assures me with a serious look, showing she truly meant what she said.