56 // Balloons, Teddy Bears, Chocolate Eclairs

If I had to say my least favorite holiday of the year, it would most definitely be Valentine's Day.

It's not that I don't want love to be excessively spread, it's just that I've never understood the idea of having a random day in February where you're forced to express your love. Sure, I've had my history lesson on everything that happened with St. Valentine. But why is it that people think love should only be spread on February 14th? Expression of love should be an everyday thing. Valentine's Day is the single "I love you" day, and I think that's so cliché.

Not to mention the gifts. Flowers and chocolates are the usual expectation, sometimes maybe even a diamond ring. But what's the point of buying someone a "romantic" gift like that when you're only doing it because it's what you're supposed to do? Because it's Valentine's Day. You could be a complete dick to your partner 364 days of the year, but one holiday can make up for everything. That I don't agree with.

Another thing I struggle with over the day of love is what the hell are girls supposed to buy their boyfriends? A new watch? Some women are dating multimillionaires who have every goddamn thing they could ever want. Some women are totally lost and have been stressing over what to get said multimillionaire boyfriend. And some women want to burst into tears over the stress Valentine's Day is being them.

With Valentine's Day being only a few short days away, I was struggling to find something to get Harry to express my...extreme liking for him. I thought about flowers, but I wasn't sure if he'd think that was odd. Knowing Harry, I'm sure he would truly appreciate flowers, since I know for a fact he's not insecure about his masculinity enough to find a bouquet offensive.

I knew I wanted to get Harry something special. It was our first Valentine's Day together, and as early as we are in our relationship, we haven't exactly moved slowly. But I still had a blank mind whenever I tried to think of ideas. Flowers were always an option, but I wanted something more for him.

So, I did what I always do when I'm in doubt—call Jess.

As I pressed the phone to my ear, awaiting an answer from her, I played with the white, fluffy comforter below my crossed legs. The phone rang only a couple of times before Jess picked up on the other end.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Jess, I need your help," I didn't hesitate to get straight to the point.

"Why? Did something happen? Are you okay?" I could hear the small tint of panic in her voice, and I had a sudden feeling she had been awaiting a call for help.

"No, everything's fine," I assure her. "I just need your help with what to get Harry for Valentine's Day. I mean, it's been a while since I've had a valentine, and you know I'm not very good at this kind of stuff."

"You literally always give the best gifts, so I don't know what you're talking about," she argues.

"But you know Valentine's is different."

"I get it, I get it," she says calmly. "Well, what did you have in mind?"

"Flowers," I say hesitantly.

"Isn't that kind of a guy thing? I mean, everyone loves flowers but don't you think it'd be weird if you both get each other flowers? Like it'd be some kind of like...flower exchange."

I sigh. "You're right."

"Maybe you could cook him something," she suggests. "Like make the two of you a big dinner to eat together just in his house...because I highly doubt Harry will want to leave his house on Valentine's Day."

"That's a good idea," I say. "And I'll be home alone in the morning anyway. Harry has to go perform for some radio show pretty early on and I have no clue how long it'll take. Maybe I'll figure out something that takes all day to make."