8 // Josh and Sarah

a/n: double update for my babies !

* * *

"Harry." I sigh.

"I'm trying really hard to not get mad right now," he says shakily. He lets out a breathy laugh as he looks up at the ceiling.

"Did you...go through my phone?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

I gave him the password to my phone last night and he had already gone through a conversation of mine. Him just going through my texts makes me wonder...what else in my phone had he gone through?

There isn't much to hide, but I can't help but feel a bit of betrayal. I hadn't gone through his phone, so why did he feel the need to go through mine?

"I know I shouldn't have...i-it was wrong of me," he mutters shakily. "But it just happened to light up as I walked past it this morning and my curiosity got the best of me, t-then...I saw Noah's name and I just...I don't even know what happened, really. I freaked out."

"But we talked about trust last night," I say, anger beginning to boiling inside me.

"I know." He runs his hand through his hair, gripping the ends and tugging, obviously frustrated with himself. "And it was so childish and stupid and...idiotic of me to even look at it in the first place, let alone open the messages and read them."

"You read all the messages?!" I shriek in horror. "Every one?"

Harry doesn't respond. Instead, his hand travels from his head to the back of his neck. He rubs his neck as he looks up at me with glossy eyes.

"Why would you do that?" My voice breaks.

"I don't fucking know." Harry shakes his head.

"Harry..." I begin to say, but he cuts me off.

"And the worst part is," He swallows harshly, "I didn't even find anything worth reading. Not a single fucking thing. And that just makes me a million times angrier because I thought of the worst. And now I just feel so guilty for not trusting you. I-I just got so...paranoid, and I didn't know how to act."

"I know we've only been together for like a week, but...I still wouldn't do that to you. We're together now...I'm not going to continue to talk to Noah. Not in the way I did before at least."

"I didn't actually think you would." He shakes his head slowly, staring intently at his feet to avoid eye contact. "I just..." He exhales shakily, taking a seat on the foot of the bed.

He sits in silence for a moment, but I figured he was about to tell me something serious, so I let him think it over.

"I've almost never felt good enough for people," he finally admits to me. "A-And to even see you texting someone else—whether you were flirting or just having a casual conversation—I get nervous. I always have this...this constant fucking...anxiety that any moment everyone is going to leave. Then what will I have? Nothing. I will have nothing."

I scoot forward on the bed so I could be closer to him. I wasn't too sure why I did, but I felt the need to.

"You don't have to worry about losing me," I assure him. "Noah texted me and I didn't want to be rude, so I replied. We just talked about his family and how each other were doing. You read the texts yourself, you know that."