6 // Who Are You?

babie

* * *

"She's...nocturnal?" I ask slowly, my brows furrowing in confusion.

"Yes!" Harry nods vigorously, placing the palms of his hands flat onto the table. "She made me stay up until 6 in the morning."

We had already ordered our food—I ordered a mini pizza and Harry ordered some fancy pasta dish I wouldn't be able to pronounce if my life depended on it. Now we just sat and waited for our food, chatting over the strangest topics.

For example, Harry's experiences hanging out with Stevie Nicks.

"Okay, grandpa," I roll my eyes playfully, "you act like you've never pulled an all-nighter before."

"Oh please," he scoffs. "Being in a band like One Direction meant all-nighters twice a week at least. You try recording albums in an old surveillance van and tell me how you sleep. Why do you think our last album was called 'Made in the A.M.'?"

"Hm...I still don't think you can do it," I challenge, sitting back in my seat as I fold my arms.

"Really?" Harry raises an eyebrow. "How much you wanna bet?"

"Another date," I say after thinking it over for a moment. "Whoever falls asleep first has to plan and pay for our next date."

Harry purses his lips as he considers the offer before the corner of his mouth turns up into a smirk.

"Deal," he nods in agreement. He reaches his hand over the table and we shake on it, sealing the deal.

"Tonight."

"What?!" His eyes widen.

"We're going to pull one tonight," I say, clearer this time.

"Well, that's a little rude of you. I'm gonna need a little more preparation than that!"

"Oh, are you saying you can't do it?" I tease him, placing my hand over my heart.

"I never said that." Harry huffs, shrugging. "I'll be able to do it no problem."

"Whatever." I shrug and roll my eyes, just to show him I didn't believe him. I loved teasing him and making his "narcissistic" alter ego come out.

Together, we people watch for a moment, seeing people of all different sorts--observing what everyone was wearing. I spot a woman wearing the most gorgeous pair of heels I've ever seen. They were a tan color, with tinges of pink, glossy, and not too tall but also not too short.

"Ugh, I love that girl's shoes," I say, the sudden feeling of a metaphorical bucket of jealously being dumped on top of my head.

"Those are nice," Harry agrees, nodding as he spots them too as she walks past.

"Not that I need more shoes, but I need more shoes," I say and he laughs.

"I'm not really a shoe kind of guy." He shrugs, wrapping his hand and his glass of water. "I prefer clothes."

"I've noticed," I say, furrowing my eyebrows. "You have like two pairs of shoes with you. Why is that?"