36 // I Miss You

The door opens, creating a small staircase for Harry and me to use to walk off the plane. Even with only the door open, I could tell the London air was much colder than in Los Angeles. But it was a nice change, no matter how much I loved the heat.

Harry walks down the steps first, quickly walking off to the side, offering me his hand. I take it, giving him a nod of appreciation, before stepping down the stairs. My sneakers touch the cement as I step off the last stair, grateful to finally be back on the ground after such a long flight.

Harry intertwines his fingers with mine, guiding me to the car. I pull my phone out of my pocket, using this as the perfect opportunity to snap a picture. But I must've slowed down somehow, because Harry began tugging on my arm.

I look up from my phone to see that he's walking at a faster pace than me. He turns around to face me, excitement written in clear letters on his face.

"Come on," he says, giving my arm another pull, his face beaming brightly. "Let's get home."

I shut off my phone, tucking into my back pocket before quickening my pace to catch up with him. Now walking side by side, he lets go of my hand and places his hand on the small of my back as we approach the black SUV awaiting us. I wondered why it was always a black SUV...but that seems to just be the way it is.

We reach the car, and Harry opens the back door, stepping out of the way so I could climb in first. I found it adorable how he always made sure to open the door for me. He's a real gentleman.

As I take a seat inside the vehicle, I see a man wearing a dastār on his head and a neon yellow vest on his torso. He had his hands full of luggage, and so did a woman walking behind him. They carried the bags to the trunk.

I turn my head as I hear the car door on the other side open. Harry hops in, shutting the door after he's seated comfortably.

"Are you happy to finally be home?" I ask him to make conversation as the driver takes his place in the driver's seat. "In your London house, I mean."

"Yeah." Harry nods vigorously. He cranes his head to look over at me. "London is placed at second on my list of places I feel most at home."

"Is L.A. your first?" I ask, confused as to why he worded it that way.

"Nope," he says simply as the corner of his mouth turned up into a smirk.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I'm not sure why he could never just tell me what he meant...he always had to word it in a way that wouldn't disclose his true meaning. But that might be because he's one of the most famous men in the world and has been media-trained to the absolute max.

The car starts to move as the driver begins maneuvering us away from the airport. I took this moment as the perfect opportunity to pull out my phone and finally turn the airplane mode off. And just after I do so, my phone begins blowing up, my text tone playing repeatedly for a few seconds straight.

I look over at Harry, who was already looking at me with a confused look on his face. That confusion must've deepened once he saw I was in the same state as him.

I had yet to even look at who was sending me all the texts, but I half expected them all to be Jess. That is...until I looked down at my phone.

Tuesday, Feb 4, 3:48 PM

Noah: Hello??

Tuesday, Feb 4, 4:29 PM

Noah: Do I have the right number? This is Liliana, right?