5 // Lord Of The Rings

a/n: her outfit ^^

* * *

With one last swipe of red lipstick, I'm ready to leave on my date with Harry. He told me he had the whole date planned out, it is somewhere he saw on one of his driving adventures. I hate surprises, so it was a little hard for me to not force him to tell me where we were going. But, I was able to contain myself and wait a few hours.

"Lili, what's w-" Harry's voice chimes from my bedroom, just in time.

I swing the bathroom door open, revealing Harry—dressed up for our date, wearing a white tee with light khaki-colored pants. Harry stops in his tracks the moment his eyes land on me, his mouth opening slightly.

"Honey, you look..." He takes a moment to observe my outfit a little more, giving it one last look over. My cheeks burn hot, just as they always do anytime he looks at me this way; so intently. "Good fucking lord," he says under his breath, inhaling sharply.

"What was your question?" I ask, changing the subject.

I await his response, smiling awkwardly. And after a moment he finally shakes his head, getting rid of any of the thoughts he had racing his mind, preparing to talk to me again.

"Hm?" he hums, looking back up at my eyes. "What question?"

"When you first came in here, you were asking something," I explain to him to spark his memory. "You were asking me what something was."

"Oh, right," he says, his memory finally clicking. "Well, I was talking to Jess downstairs and somehow the conversation led to talking about how you two used to be fans of the band and whatnot." He swallows, preparing in his for his next words. "She told me you used to send 'Whatsapp stories' back and forth, reminiscing on the things you read I guess. What's a Whatsapp story?"

My heart quite literally dropped out of my ass and onto the bathroom floor. Jess wasn't telling him about 'Whatsapp stories'. I don't even think that's a real thing.

She was telling him about Wattpad stories.

"Harry," I say nervously, "what did Jess tell you?"

"She wouldn't tell me anything else." His brows furrow, looking confused. "She told me to ask you about it. At least I think that's what she said... she wouldn't stop laughing."

"Oh my god," I say, short of breath and feeling woozy.

"What?" he asks worriedly, reaching out to grab my arm as if I was about to actually fall. "What is it?"

"You don't wanna know," I shake my head vigorously, my eyes bulging out of my head.

"Yikes, maybe I don't," he says, his eyes widening also.

"Anyways," I chime, desperate to change the subject to absolutely anything else, "are you ready for our date?"

"Yeah," he says simply, "I would have asked you, but I don't want you to take that as me saying you don't look ready, which you do, of course, y-you look beautiful, I'm just saying I..." He pauses to let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm rambling, aren't I?"

"Just a tad." I giggle, thinking his little rambling seshes were adorable.

For a man who speaks slower than a sloth in the regular, he sure can whip up a tornado of words when he gets nervous. I didn't mind though, I still thought it was cute.

"Sorry," he apologizes. He clears his throat, bringing his ringed finger up to cover his mouth as he does so. "Should we get going? I've made reservations for 7."