13 // The Boots

"Wear. Them."

"No."

"Please." He gives me puppy eyes, pouting his bottom lip out. He pushes the pants further in my direction, egging me on. I switch my glance from his face down to the pants he held before me.

"Why?" I whine. I didn't understand why he was so eager for me to wear these pants. But ironically enough, these were the pants Jess was begging me to wear the night I met him.

"Because they're fucking sick!" He says excitedly, drawing them back briefly to get a good look at them. He smiles as his eyes rake over the vibrant fabric.

"But they're way out of my comfort zone," I complain, frowning. Just because I was dating a world-renowned fashion icon didn't mean I had to dress like one as well.

"But it's your birthday... You're already stepping out of your comfort zone to have a party. Why not add to the fun by wearing these?" He shakes the pants, probably part of some strategy to lure me into wearing them. The worst part is, it was kind of working.

I roll my eyes and snatch the pants from his grip, annoyed with him for being so persuasive and annoyed with myself for being such a pushover.

"I knew you'd give in." He wraps his arms around me, holding me in a deathly tight hug. I let out a groan as I feel all my internal organs being squished together. He peppers kisses all over my face, causing me to squirm in his arms. After a few seconds, he releases me from his hold, the pressure immediately relieving from my sides. "Now go try them on...I wanna see how they look on you."

"You're going to see them eventually if I'm wearing them today," I say rationally. Harry tilts his head and gives me a death glare. I hold my hands up in surrender, giving in once again. "Fine."

I grip the pants tightly in my hands as I walk to the en suite connected to my bedroom. I didn't want to get ready for the day yet, but Harry gets what Harry wants. I close the bathroom door behind me before immediately stripping off my pajama bottoms. Yes, I was still wearing them, even though it was literally almost 2 pm. In my defense, it's my birthday so I get to do as I please.

I pull my shirt up over my head, setting it down on the counter as I was now half-naked. I step through the leg holes of the pants, pulling the rest up to my waist where it sat just above my belly button. I look around for a moment in search of a shirt until I remember I hadn't brought one in here with me in the first place.

Harry's seen me naked multiple times, so I don't think he'd mind the slightest bit if I were to walk out with only a bra on. So that's exactly what I did. I reenter my bedroom, my eyes landing immediately on Harry where he sits on the edge of my bed, patiently waiting for me to finish changing. His head tilts up at the sound of my approaching footsteps, looking up from his phone. A smile is brought to his face as his eyes land on the pants.

"Laugh all you want." I roll my eyes. "You're the one making me wear these."

"I'm not laughing," he defends quickly, springing to his feet. "I just...wow."

"So it doesn't look dumb?" I asked, smoothing out the fabric against my thighs.

"Not at all!" He shakes his head vigorously. "But... there is something that would make it even more amazing." I raise an eyebrow as he holds a finger up, telling me to wait. He rushes off and disappears into my closet for a moment. He reenters the room, holding up a pair of shoes. "These."

"Absolutely not." I shake my head. I knew he would choose those.

"Why not?" He whines, his shoulders slumping. He frowns once again, eager to continued to get his way.