26 // Keep An Eye Out For Selener

All flights were delayed because of the storm, so Harry and I had to wait at the hotel until it cleared up. Which turned out to be not as long as I'd initially expected. The storm was a lot shorter than I predicted, but it rained hard and a ton. I hope everyone got home safely, and that's what Harry was most worried about once we got back to the hotel.

We ate the cake in the hotel...the whole entire thing. To say I was bloated after would've been an understatement. I'm just glad Harry and I weren't spotted together after the fact, or I would've had to deal with pregnancy rumors on top of everything else.

I had yet to give Harry his present yet though. The timing just didn't feel right. I didn't want to give it to him when he was so done, though I'm sure it would've cheered him up. I guess I will just have to give it to him when I see him next...whenever that may be. I do slightly regret not giving it to him though. The timing would've been perfect. Since we're going to be apart for a while now, it might've been nice for him to have it.

But now I'm home and have been for a while now. I finally got home around 7 am—maybe closer to 8–between having to wait for a flight, flying home, and picking Jess up from the hospital. It was all a little stressful, but it worked out in the end.

When I picked Jess up, all she could do was thank me and tell me how grateful she was for me and how bad she felt that I was leaving Harry on his birthday. I didn't say anything in regards to that, I simply just told her I would be having a little chat with Jackson whenever I get the chance.

I hear a knock on the door, causing me to snap my head up, looking up from my phone.

"Come in," I say to Jess. I click my phone off and she opens the door, walking in. I was just scrolling through Instagram and replying to DMs...I couldn't sleep. And apparently neither could Jess.

"Hey," she says softly, her fractured arm resting in a cast. Luckily, her injuries from the accident were only minor. I don't know what I would've done if something happened to her.

She fractured her right forearm in two places...one near her wrist and the other closer to her elbow. So now she was using her non-dominant hand. She almost dropped her glass of water earlier, so she's obviously still adjusting. She had no other injuries besides a mild concussion and whiplash. And a few cuts and bruises of course.

The doctors at the hospital advised that it would be best for me to keep an eye on Jess, and least for the first 24 hours. I didn't mind though...I wanted to help out as much as I could to make her workload a little less. She took the next few days off work to "recover", though I think she just wanted an excuse to not go.

"What's up?" I ask as she enters my room, closing the door softly behind her. She tiptoes across the floor as if she was trying to be quiet, even though we're the only ones in the house.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing," she says, sitting down on the edge of my bed, pretty far away from me.

"I'm fine." I shrug, telling her the truth. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, I just...I feel really guilty for making you come home early. If Jackson hadn't been out and picked me up, there wouldn't have been an issue and you would still be with Harry right now and-"

"Jess," I cut her off firmly. I scoot closer, setting my phone down on the surface of my bed. She looks up at me, her eyes glossy as if she was about to cry. "This sent your fault. I was coming home today anyway, it's not that big of a deal that I came home a little early... Besides, Harry probably would've made me come home even if Jackson had been there to pick you up."

"I still feel really bad though." She looks back down at her lap. "I mean, it's Harry's birthday and you're not spending it with him because of me."