34 // Lights Up

a/n: why was this so hard to write?!?😭😭

also...harry 😳^

* * *

I lift my heavy suitcase up, carrying it down the black stairs, stopping near the front door. Harry was still in his room, making sure he had everything he needed for the trip. Jess was already down by the door, waiting for me.

After a short moment, I hear footsteps trotting down the stairs. I look up to see Harry waddling down, a smile on his face, multiple bags hanging from his shoulders and hands.

"Ready to leave?" He asks Jess and me once he reaches the bottom.

"I am." I turn to Jess. "Are you?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," she says, pulling up the handle of her suitcase.

"Great, Mark is already outside," he says, readjusting the bag hanging from his left shoulder. He had so much luggage with him, yet he didn't look like he was struggling to carry any of it.

"Do you need help?" I ask, though I'm sure he didn't. I just thought I'd offer. He was carrying quite a lot after all.

"No, I'm alright," he says, straightening his back. "Thank you though."

"Of course," I say, smiling.

I loved his outfit of choice today, black sweatpants with a black Columbia Records hoodie. So casual and comfortable...it was almost weird to see him in. But it definitely made me feel better about the black leggings and red crew neck I was planning to wear to the airport.

"Shall we head out then?" Jess suggests obviously growing impatient.

"Right, of course." Harry shakes his head as if he zoned out for a moment. He steps forward, reaches out, and opens the door for Jess and me.

She and I follow him out to a black SUV parked along the driveway a short way away from the front door. We all load our luggage into the trunk. Harry rests his hands on the top, preparing to shut it. But as he peers down at everything, his shoulders slump.

"Shit," he mutters under his breath.

"What is it?" I ask out of worry. I look over at him as he shuts the trunk.

"I forgot something," he says. He quickly bends to the side to loop his arm around my waist. "I'm going to go grab it," he tells me, puckering his lips to place a kiss on my temple. "I'll be right back."

And with that, he pulls away, jogging off into the house.

"Should we just...get in?" I hear Jess say from behind me.

"I guess." I shrug, chuckling.

We walk around on opposite sides of the car, opening the doors at almost the same time. She climbs in first on the left side and I follow shortly after her, taking a seat right next to her in the middle so Harry could sit next to me.

"Welcome back ladies," Mark says, looking at us through the rearview mirror.

"Hi Mark," I speak up for the both of us, smiling.

"How was your vacation?" He asks, making small talk while we waited for Harry so we could leave.

"It was good," I answer, nodding. Jess stares down at her phone next to me, already bored.

Mark and I had a very dry, but luckily short, conversation before the back right door opens, revealing Harry. He climbs in and shuts the door. I half expected him to sit in the front seat, but he ended up sitting beside me in the back.