54 // Lie To Me

a/n: I KNOW THAT YOU DONT BUT IF I ASK YOU IF YOU LOVE ME...

* * *

My eyes flutter open to see the sun beaming through the small cracks where the curtains meet. I wasn't sure what time it was, but it was late enough in the morning for the sun to be out.

Right away, I noticed the empty spot next to me, the spot where Harry held me to sleep last night.

Last night.

The memories from last night's events flood through my head. From my shower to my talk with Jess to my breakdown, it all came back to me at once. It caused pain in my heart to think about the way I felt last night.

I hugged the comforter close to my chest as I stared at the sun trying to part its way through the curtains. My eyes burned as I didn't blink for a moment, causing a singular tear to fall from my eye and onto the pillow beneath my head. The amount of guilt I had nestled into the pit of my stomach made me feel nauseous. And I felt like I was feeling everything all over again.

"Hey, are you okay?" I hear a voice say from behind me. It was Harry.

My hands quickly move up to my face to wipe away the tears leaking from my eye. I sat up from where I was laying down, resting my back against the headboard so I would be able to see him.

"Yeah." I force a smile, nodding as I laugh it off. "I'm fine."

"Don't do that." He shakes his head slowly. His eyes look to the ground as he takes a few steps closer to the bed.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, my head tilting to the side as he takes a seat on the edge of the bed. So far, yet still near me. Like he was trying to keep his distance but still be there.

"Don't fake it, L," he murmurs quietly, shaking his head again. "This isn't something you need to lie to me about. I mean, it's pretty obvious that you're not okay. So," He looks up so his eyes meet mine, "How do you really feel?"

"I feel..." I inhale a shaky breath, "like I'm falling apart."

I laugh nervously as I look up at him. His eyes were staring me down but in the very least intimidating way possible. It was comforting to know he was listening to me so intently. He wasn't giving me his opinion. He wasn't telling me I was being dramatic, he didn't even make me feel like I was. He just listened.

"I really wanna help Lili," he says under his breath, his eyes locking themselves on the floor beneath his feet. "I just...I don't know how. I want to help and I don't know how and it's seriously killing me."

"I'm sorry Harry, I don't even know what to do," I say to him, the cracks in my heart reopening as I speak. "It's been a long time since anything like this has happened to me and I don't know how to handle it. It's just so much."

He stares at the ground, eyes studying every detail of the carpet.

"Well what do you want from me?" He asks quietly with a clenched jaw. I don't think it came out how he meant it to, because it took me aback. He seemed irritated.

"What?" I ask, my voice small. My eyes never left his face, even after he turned his head to the side to finally look at me.

"What do you need from me?" He rephrased by changing only one word, making the entire tone of the sentence sound different. "I-It's killing me to see you like this and I feel like I'm doing nothing to help you. I'm just sitting back and watching you handle this by yourself. So I just need to know what I can do to help you through this. What do you need from me?"