Chapter Four

-A few weeks later-

I walked along the docks looking for Bucky. Shuri said Bucky wanted me to meet him here. I couldn't see Bucky anywhere. "Bucket where are you? Shuri said you were here." I shouted. "Down here Y/N" He called back. I turned around and saw him stood on the boat next to me. My eyes widened at the sight of his new hair cut. It was long this morning. "Oh my god. What did you do?" I asked in shock. "What are you talking about?" He asked with a cheeky grin. "Really? So nothing new then?" I asked sarcastically. "Perhaps your hair" I added. "Don't you like it?" He asked with a chuckle. "It looks good. But I leave you for five minutes an you chop it off?" I replied and he laughed. "What am I supposed to braid now?" I asked. "Your own hair. Now come help me" He said, then walking to the other side of the boat. "You're no fun" I called out to him and he laughed. I walked onto the boat and walked towards him. I looked around the boat, it looked old but not broken, just needed some touch ups. "Is this your boat?" I asked as I turned to him. He was carrying a large crate from one side of the boat. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusing. "Yep" He replied, and placed the crate down. "How did you do that?" I asked. "It wasn't heavy" He replied. "It looked heavy" I added. "Not for me it's not" He replied.

"Okay, so why am I here again?" I asked. "To help me fix the boat up" He said just before taking a swig of his beer. "Do I look like I know how to fix boats?" I asked. "No. But I thought it would be fun, instead of sitting in the hut doing nothing all day" He replied. I sighed, knowing it has been a bit boring sitting in the hut most days. "Okay fine" I said in defeat. Suddenly one of the pipes burst from behind us. I jump at the sound while Bucky remains calm. "Uh Bucky" I said while nudging him. He grabbed is beer again and took another swig. "Good luck with that" he replied. Expecting me to fix it. I know nothing about boats but I presumed it needed to be fixed and Bucky didn't seem to be in any rush. I ran over to the bursting pipe and grabbed one of the tools. "I don't know what I'm doing" I called out. I felt Bucky approach from behind. He tapped my side to move so he could get to it. "Okay, let me do it. Consider it a lesson for next time" He said, while grabbing the tool out of my hand and placed it onto the pipe. "Oh yeah, cause I'm going to be fixing a boat again" I said sarcastically. Bucky moved the tool around the pipe, tightening the plastic and the gas leaving the pipe stopped. "Wow, very proud. But why didn't you use the metal arm?" I questioned, knowing that if he did, he probably would have been able to do it quicker and easier. "Well..." He started then looked at his hand. "I don't always think of it immediately... I'm right handed." He added. I laughed, "Okay then". "Right, we better get started then" He announced. 

"What should I do?" I asked. "Do you know how to paint?" He asked. "Is your left arm metal?" I asked. "Right, okay. There's a few paint cans there, choose any colour and start painting" He replied. I nodded and walked over to the paint cans, a few shades of blue and green, tan and white. "What? No neon pink?" I joked. "The store was all out" He joked back. "Of course it was" I laughed. I bent down and picked up the mint green can and the paint brush that was sat next to it and began to paint. Bucky began sanding some boards on the other side of the boat. "So why do you have a boat?" I asked him. "What?" He shouted over the sound of the sander. "Why do you have a boat?" I shouted back. "Oh, I had it just before I came here and Steve thought it was a good idea to bring it over so I'd have something to do" He shouted back. "Oh okay" I shouted. I continued painting. After a while Bucky sanded some of the posts, ready for me to paint, which I painted a tan colour.

We sat on the docks and Bucky was showing me how to clean some of the gears so that they were able to be used again since they were old. "Am I even doing this right?" I asked, a little confused since nothing seemed to be happening. "Yep, you're doing great. Don't worry" He replied. 

I sat on the side of the boat trying to remove one of the boards but it wouldn't budge, No matter how hard I pulled or how much I used the crow bar it wouldn't move. "This thing wont move" I said to Bucky. He walked towards and pulled it off easily. "Show off" I said. He placed the board down and laughed.

We sat on the boat, done for the day with the sun setting in the background. "So, what's your life story?" I asked him. "It's complicated" He replied. "How so?" I asked. "I used to be called The Winter Soldier" He stated. I paused for a moment, the name rang a bell, and then it clicked. "Wait, The Winter Soldier? As in... how do I put this lightly?" I said. "Assassin" He responded immediately. "Well okay then" I responded in slight shock at how straight forward he was. "Why do you seem to know the name?" He asked. "Thor's brother used to talk about 'The Winter Soldier', his weird brain was impressed by their work" I responded. Loki used to visit Earth secretly, cause some havoc of course and follow around people who were doing the same. "It's not exactly my proudest moment" He added. I looked at him. I focused on him and sensed a form of control which I was all to familiar with. "You were controlled weren't you?" I asked softly. "How did you know?" He asked. "I can sense it, perk of being the Goddess of Power" I replied and he nodded. "That's why I'm here, to get the thing that they can control me with, out of my head" He stated. "Well, that's great. I know what it's like to be controlled and you don't deserve to be controlled by anyone." I said honestly, the thought of him being controlled hurt my heart. It felt all to familiar to me, making me remember some traumatic memories. He chuckled at my honesty, "Thanks Y/N". "Sorry if that was too personal to ask" I said, feeling a little awkward. "No it's fine. It feels better knowing that you know" He replied with a smile, noticing my slight panicked look. I smiled, "Good"