Chapter Nine

The next day

"Mr Barnes, Y/N. Thankyou for joining us, I know this must be hard" A man who introduced himself as Fury earlier, turned to us after picking up a glass. "It's okay, we're happy to help" Bucky replied. "Plus, it's good to see you guys again" Steve added. I smiled, "It's good to see you guys too" I replied. "We haven't properly met yet, I'm Tony" A man spoke as a dart flew past his face, he jumped back, managing to dodge it as it hit the dart board. 

He turned to where the dart came from. "And I'm Clint" The other man said with a mischievous chuckle from the previous dart throw. Tony glared at Clint, I laughed at the two's interaction, "It's nice to meet the both of you" I said.

"Thor will be here tomorrow" Fury spoke again, drawing our attention back to him. "Oh lovely, a reunion" I replied sarcastically. I hadn't seen Thor since the banishment, so I was slightly nervous about what it would be like to see him again, especially since I was with Bucky now, I couldn't imagine what his reaction would be. Nat smirked at my sarcastic response. 

"Wanda, are you prepared to train with Y/N?" Fury asked Wanda. "Definitely" She replied with a smile. "Thankyou Wanda" I said, I really appreciated her help. "No problem" She replied. 

"Until we know what the threat is, we need to stay on top of training" Steve stated. "Who knows what will attack and when they will attack" He added. Nat turned to me, "Y/N I'll help with your fighting" I nodded, "Okay". It's not like I really needed her help, but I didn't want to be rude and say no since none of them, except Bucky, are aware of the time I was a warrior for Asgard.

"Y/N, would you be able to detect when the threat is close by?" Bruce asked me. "Sometimes, it depends on how big of the threat is, if it's a big threat I'll be able to sense it. If it's a small threat, I won't" I replied. "That could be useful, it can determine how powerful the threat is" Sam added.

"Remember don't push yourself" Bucky warned, he just wants me to be safe which is really sweet. I smiled at him, "I know, I won't. I'll be fine" I replied. "Cute" Sam teased with a smirk like he knows something. Bucky closed his eyes threw his head back, "Don't start" Bucky groaned. I gave a slight laugh.

"Let's try and get along, the both of you" Tony warned them both and gave them stern looks, which caused the boys to roll theirs eyes. "As much as I'd love to see you two argue, let's talk about something else" Nat suggested.

"Y/N these guys said you can shape shift, care to demonstrate?" Tony curiously asked. I laughed, "Sure, who should I turn into?" I asked. "Bucky. And do your best impression" Clint replied while fixing a dart. "This should be fun" Nat said.

I stood up and focused. A pink glow surrounded me and I now appeared as Bucky. Gasps came from the team, they didn't expect me to actually be able to do it. I looked at Bucky who was equally proud but also weirded out that I looked like him, which caused me to laugh a little.

I stared at the team for a moment, trying to see all their reactions before Sam spoke. "I'd say that was a perfect impression" Sam joked. "She didn't do anything yet" Bucky protested. "Yeah, but she did the creepy staring thing you do" Sam replied, Bucky rolled his eyes.

I started feeling a little drained from being Bucky for a little while, the pink glow returned as I retuned back to my normal form. I collapsed back onto the sofa next to Bucky. "You okay?" Bucky whispered and I nodded my head. "That was fun, but if I held it any longer, I might pass out" I stated. "You just need to train a little more and you should be able to hold it longer" Wanda reassured me, I already knew this but I was dumb enough to let myself get like this, I just liked having a life where I had a break from having to use my powers.

"Yeah, I kind of regret taking a break from using my powers, I used to be able to do that for hours, used to scare a lot of people" I joked and we all laughed.

"Alright, let's call it for tonight. Get some rest" Fury announced and left the room. Some of the team started heading to bed and Steve turned to us, "We only have one spare room, is that okay?" He asked, me and Bucky looked at each other, trying not to smile. I gave Bucky a slight nod. We looked back at Steve, "That should be fine Steve" Bucky replied, trying not give anything away, Bucky planned to tell Steve tomorrow that we were together. Steve nodded and showed us to our room.

Once we settled in Steve headed to bed. "Oh no, we have to share a room, whatever will we do" I joked as I sat on the bed. "Sleep on the floor?" Bucky joked back as he got changed. "For that comment you can sleep on the floor" I teased and laid back into the pillows. Bucky chuckled and climbed into the bed. "Nah, I'll stay here. I suppose you can stay" He replied and started to close his eyes. "So kind of you Mr Barnes" I replied. "That's what I thought" He said with a smile with his eyes still closed. 

I gave him a small kiss and got up and changed into my pyjamas. I then climbed back into bed and turned the lamp off. Bucky opened his eyes and turned to me, "I love you". I smiled, It's been 4 months since we said we loved each other but I still can't get over it, every time he says it, it gives me butterflies. "I love you too" I replied. He moved towards me and gave me a soft kiss before we cuddled and drifted off to sleep.