Chapter Sixteen

A few weeks later

Wanda found Vision but they decided to stay away for a while, spend some time together. Which you understood, but now having both stones not close by it worried you more. With Wanda being away it meant you had to train with Loki, it's been going okay, Bucky spends a lot of time watching you train, he says he's just curious on your fighting skills but you know he's there to keep an eye on Loki, which you find sweet but also funny.

It was around 7am when the sound of Bucky's phone ringing woke both of you up. Bucky groaned and grabbed his phone, annoyed at the rude awakening. "What do you want?" He asks as he answered it. He laughs and lays on his back, "You're joking right?". You can't quite hear what the other person is saying. "Seriously?" Bucky groans. "Fine we'll be there. Yeah okay, bye" he then hangs up.

"Who was it?" You ask.

"Sam, he needs our help" He says as he put his phone back on the nightstand, then closing his eyes again. 

You laugh, "So you're going back to sleep?" 

"Yep" Bucky replies.

You grab his face and he smiles, eyes still closed. "Come on get up", you say with a laugh.

"Fine" He replies and rolls on top of you, kissing you.

"We don't have time for this Barnes", You laugh. 

"You're no fun" He teases.

"Blame Sam not me" You reply.

"Oh I will" He replied.

-

You watch Sam walk down the steps of the Hangar, Bucky immediately walks towards him.

"What's so important that you had to drag us out of bed for", Bucky said annoyed.

"Hello to you too Bucky" Sam said as he reached the bottom of the steps.

"Hey Sam" You kindly greeted him.

"Hey Y/N" he replied.

You three began walking through the hangar. "So what's going on?" You ask.

"I know it's not Thanos related" Sam started to say.

"That's fine, right Bucky?" You reply, you figured it was okay to help out during the mean time since Thanos had shown no indication of taking action right now. 

Bucky stopped walking and gave Sam a stare, he was annoyed from being woken up, but now he had to do a mission with Sam which he hated, they always argued and now he was dragging you into it as well, but you didn't mind helping.

Sam turned to him, "Okay, don't give me the whole staring act, this is important"

"What could be so important?" Bucky asked.

"This", Sam said as he showed us his phone, it was a photograph of a man in a dark mask with red accents. "Someone has recreated the super soldier serum, and these guys have taken it, causing havoc everywhere. I thought out of all people you would want to stop this from happening" 

"We will definitely help then" you chimed in.

"I knew I could rely on someone, thankyou Y/N" Sam replied and began walking towards the plane.

You turn to Bucky, taking his hand and tugging at it slightly so he would look at you, "Hey Mr Grumpy Pants. I get it, you wanted to spend the day in bed, but this important" 

He sighed, "Yeah I know" 

"We'll get this mission over and done with, then we can have a small break, sound good?" You try to reason with him, which you knew worked when he smiled.