Chapter Twenty Six

The Next Day

It was a new day, everyone had calmed down. There was no denying that everyone was stressed about the situation. A meeting was called in regards to finding Thanos. Tony wasn't going to be present due to how much healing he needed, so you chose to attend this meeting.

Disagreements, arguments, groans, eyerolls. And that was only 10 minutes into the meeting.

"Okay, I've had enough of this meeting. I'll be back", Carol raised her voice. She began walking out. 

"Where are you going?", Steve asked.

Without turning, "To kill Thanos"

You chased after her, "Carol, wait" 

She stopped and turned.

"You can't do this alone", you gave her a stern look.

"We get that you could probably do this alone, but it's our fight too", Steve chimed in. "Do you even know where he is?" 

Carol turned to you and tilted her head slightly, "Y/N, any ideas?" 

You glanced around the room, all eyes on you.

You looked down and sighed, "I guess he could be at one place, he would always talk about 'The Garden', a place he would go to after achieving his 'greatest' mission, which I'm presuming was this", you looked up.

"That's cute." Rhodey spoke up. "Thanos has a retirement plan"

"So where exactly is 'The Garden'?", Steve asked walking around the table.

A hologram lit up above it, showcasing the planets.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions", Rocket began. "No one has ever seen anything like it, until two days ago."

Rocket controlled the hologram, moving it closer through the galaxy showcasing the Planet 0259-S.

"On this planet", Rocket finished.

"Yep, that's where he'll be", you confirmed.

Nat moved closer to the hologram, "He used the stones again" 

"Hey hey hey", Bruce called out. "We'd be going in short handed you know" 

"He's still got the stones", Rhodey added.

"So let's get em", Carol replied. "And use them, to bring everyone back"

"Just like that?" Rhodey asked.

"Yeah, Just like that", Steve replied.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this, we owe it to everyone who is not in this room to try", Nat added.

"If we do this, how do we know it's going to end any differently than it did before?", Bruce asked.

"Because before you didn't have me", Carol responded.

"Hey new girl", Rhodey said, causing Carol to turn to him. "Everybody in this room is about that super hero life."

Carol tilted her head slightly, amused by Rhodey.

You sighed, "Okay, lets not start".

"That reminds me, how do you two know each other?" Rhodey asked.

"You do realise, I'm from Space. Right?", you replied.

Rhodey looked down, "Oh right, yes"

"She saved my ass about thirty years ago", Carol added.

You smiled, "And don't you forget it" 

She smiled, " I wouldn't dare" 

Rhodey looked between you two, more confused than he thought he was. 

Thor stood up, causing everyone to turn to him. He had been unusually quiet for him. But you understood why.

He started walking towards Carol.

"Good luck with that one, Carol.", you moved out of the way and stood next to Steve.

"What is he doing?", Steve whispered.

"Shh", you hushed him and focused on the twos interaction.

Carol turned to him, and stared at him. Thor came to a stop and stood in front of her, holding out his hand and summoning stormbreaker. The axe whizzed past Carol into Thor's hand, not even a flinch. 

Thor nodded, "I like this one". He looked a you and you nodded slightly. 

"Okay back to finding the Stone Glove wearing Grape", Rocket called out. "Are we up for this?" 

"Let's go get this son of a bitch", Steve replied.

-

You headed to 'The Garden', with the team. Leaving Nat and Tony on Earth.

It was quiet, his armour hung in the middle of the field. A farm surrounded a small-ish hut.

Thanos was inside, cooking food. He looked up as Carol shot her powers through the roof, he used the gauntlet to shield himself.

She dived through knocking him over, quickly getting up. Climbing onto him and grabbing his neck from behind him. Using her foot to try and kick off the gauntlet. 

Bruce crashed through the floor grabbing onto the gauntlet before he could grab Carols foot. 

Rhodey crashed through the wall and grabbed Thanos' other arm.

Thor shot through the door and used stormbreaker to chop of Thanos' arm with the gauntlet still attached. Thanos groaned in pain, from both losing his arm and Carol continued to strangle his neck.

You, Steve and Rocket walk into the hut. Rocket immediately running to the gauntlet. He turned it over and gasped. He looked up at you and Steve, slightly tearing up. "Oh no." 

The gauntlet was empty.

Steve looked down at the gauntlet, then looked back up at Thanos. "Where are they?" 

Thanos remained silent. Carol tightened her grip. "Answer the question."

He groaned. "The universe required correction. They served no purpose beyond temptation". 

You all looked at him.

Bruce's inner hulk came out, angry at him. "You murdered trillions". He used the Hulk buster to push Thanos over.

Thanos growled, as he hit the ground. Looking back at Bruce, "You should be grateful" 

Bruce hit Thanos in the face.

Anger built up inside you. "Where are the stones?", You say through gritted teeth.

"Gone", he replied. "Reduced to atoms" 

"You used them two days ago", Bruce stated.

"I used the stones, to destroy the stones." Thanos corrected him.

"He has to be lying", Rhodey announced.

"What's the use in lying now?" A voice spoke up. You flinch slightly, no one else heard it. A deep chuckle echoed through your mind. 

You stumble backwards slightly, recognising it immediately. Steve catches you.

"Woah, you okay?", He asks as everyone turns to you.

Tears prick your eyes. "He's not lying." You gain your balance and Steve lets you go, he screws his eyebrows together. 

You stare at Thanos. "It seems he didn't remove all my powers." 

He chuckles slightly, "Ah, it appears someone finally turned their mind reading back on" 

You shake your head in disbelief, you detected another power that remained. It left you with your two most hated powers. "You left me with my two most hated powers" 

"I saw no reason to remove them, it's a shame you'll never get the other ones back.", he replied tauntingly. 

Before he could say anything else, Thor swung Stormbreaker around and sliced Thanos' head off.