Chapter Twenty Eight

*Authors Note* Pre warning - you may hate me for this chapter and that is fine, everyone did when this part came out on the TikTok version, but please trust the process, it won't be staying this way. Also I can't write stuff like this so just go with it :) Enjoy!

5 Months Later

It was a bright sunny, morning. You had just gotten back from going on a run and were in the kitchen, drinking coffee and reading the paper.

You sensed Steve walk in the kitchen, you were still living with him. "Morning."

"Morning." He stood next to you and poured himself some coffee.

You glanced at what he was wearing. A suit and tie, unusual work attire for Captain America.

"Why are you dressed so fancy?", you teased and took a sip of your drink.

"Well, I have a meeting with the secretary of state, which should be oh so fun.", he replied sarcastically.

"It sounds it.", You jokingly reply.

He grabs the paper from your hand. 

"Hey!", you call out.

Ignoring you, he leans against the counter and flips through the pages. "What are your plans today?"

You roll your eyes and lean against the opposite counter. "Well, I'm meeting up with Carol since she leaves today." 

"Ooo, girl time.", he said in a high pitched voice.

You stare at him, stunned for words. Trying not to smile, "Never say that again."

He chuckles, as he drinks his coffee and looks at you from above the cup. "Well, I hope you have fun." 

"It's just a quick catch up before she goes back to space. But I hope so too.", you reply.

Steve gives you a smile, knowing how much you want to go with Carol to help others post - snap, Steve knew not to continue the subject since you were Earthbound.

Steve looked back at the paper.

"If you want, we can do something later, get out the house for a bit.", you suggested, changing the subject.

He looked back up, little shocked about your idea. Yes, you've been living with Steve for almost six months now, but you haven't really hung out. He would always be working, and you decided to help the community in recovering from the snap.

"Sure, why not.", he replied.

You gave him a smile.

"Alrighty then, i'll see you later."

-

You and Carol meet at a cafe, it's empty. Except for the staff, it was the same everywhere and it was taking some time to get used to.

"Sup nerd.", she greeted you with a straight face, as she sat across from you.

You tilt your head slightly, "Charming as always Carol." 

"You love me really.", keeping the same straight face.

You nod, mimicking her straight face, "Oh of course." 

"Very convincing.", she mocked.

You smirk, "I thought so too." 

Carol just smiles, knowing she's going to miss you and your humour.

"So when do you leave?"

"Trying to get rid of me?", She teases.

"Always", you joke.