Chapter Eleven

Y/N sat on the couch in her and Bucky's room. She was in shock, she never expected to see Loki again, and the fact that he found out about her relationship with Bucky, made her feel a little upset. She didn't want him to find out that way.

But she was also angry at him , out of all people she didn't think he would go through her head, he knew what she had been through and he knew not to do that.

Bucky walked into the room, interrupting her thoughts. She looked up and gave him a small smile before looking down again. He sat down next to her and handed her a mug. "Tea, it will make you feel better" He said, wrapping his arm around her. 

She took the mug and looked up at him, "Thanks Buck". She leant into him and took a sip of the tea. She sighed, "Didn't realise you and Loki hated each other", she said.

Bucky shook his head slightly, "He just gets on my nerves" 

"Sorry I never told you it was him I was with, if I had known you knew him, I would have said something" Y/N said, feeling a little guilty about keeping it away from him. 

"It's okay" Bucky reassured her.

She sighed, "Wasn't expecting to see him again. I thought he wasn't allowed back on Earth" 

"I'm guessing they lifted the restriction since he's here to help" Bucky replied. 

Y/N took another sip of her drink, "Yeah", she glanced up towards him and he gave her a small smile which made her smile.

"So does he not know why you can fight like that? He seemed caught of guard" Bucky asked. 

"There's a fair amount he doesn't know about my past. It wasn't because I didn't trust him, it was just because I never felt ready to share it with him. Our relationship took a lot of time to develop just because of my past, I never felt ready to open up, or admit I had feelings for him, because I was so afraid of hurting him or worse, my past coming back and ruining everything" Y/N replied.

"Do you still feel like now? You know with us." Bucky nervously asked, he wanted to make sure he wasn't going to lose her, it was the last thing he ever wanted. 

"Sometimes" She admitted. "But, I shouldn't be afraid anymore, I feel like I have a stronger connection with you and it only makes me feel stronger. I don't know why, but you made me feel like I could tell you anything, its freaky but its reassuring at the same time" Y/N added.

Bucky smiled, "I feel the same way about you, I know I've known Steve longer but there's still things he doesn't know but you do" this gave Y/N a big smile, she felt happy that her and Bucky were on the same page despite both having minor issues with the God of Mischief. "I know this might be hard for you, but maybe you should tell the team about your time as a warrior, it might help." Bucky suggested.

Y/N sighed, "Yeah you're right, I want them to know, even if there's a possibility that I can't use my powers, they can still trust me to fight, I'll tell them tomorrow" 

"Don't worry, Ill be there with you" Bucky reassured her, he knew it was a tough subject so she'd need to feel comfortable and ready to tell them.

She gave him and small smile, "Thanks Bucky".

"I love you" He said as he returned the smile.

"I love you too" She replied, feeling happy despite the chaos that had happened earlier.

"I need to talk to Steve, will you be okay?" Bucky asked, not wanting to leave her. But he still needed to talk to Steve, especially since his and Y/N's relationship was now out in the open and he felt like he needed to explain to Steve why he didn't tell him yet.

Y/N laughed slightly, "I think I'll be fine, you haven't had chance to talk to him yet so go catch up" She replied. 

"Thanks doll" Bucky replied and kissed her forehead, before heading outside.

"Hey guys" Bucky said as he made his way outside of the compound, walking towards Tony and Steve who were chopping up logs. 

"Hey Buck" Steve replied.

"Barnes" Tony greeted him. 

"So Buck. You and Y/N?" Steve asked immediately, still confused on the whole situation.

"I was planning on telling you. But Loki beat me to it" Bucky explained. He was planning on telling Steve today but everybody got side tracked, especially with Y/N and Loki reuniting for the first time in 8 months.

"It's okay, I'm happy for you pal" Steve replied, feeling genuinely happy that Bucky was finally happy, especially after everything he's been through.

Bucky smiled at Steve's response. "Thanks" 

"Speaking of Loki" Tony chimed in, clearly wanting to be nosey. "How do you feel knowing they used to be together?" He asked.

Bucky sighed, "A little shocked to be honest, I knew she was with someone before she came to Wakanda but I didn't realise it was him". Bucky's emotions about the whole situation were still all over the place, he genuinely didn't like the idea of the woman he loved with the someone he hates, it made him feel weird, knowing they used to be in love, and one of his worst fears was that Loki still loved her and would try to ruin their relationship.

Steve noticed Bucky looked slightly distant, presuming he was panicking slightly. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about" Steve reassured him which distracted Bucky from his thoughts. 

"It's Loki, so I would keep an eye on him if I was you" Tony added, knowing exactly what Loki was like.

"Oh I will, I don't trust him" Bucky admitted.

Steve looked up from the logs he was sorting out. "I don't think he would do anything" 

"Really Cap? Have you met him?" Tony said, slightly irritated by Steve's obliviousness of what Loki was like. Tony then swung his axe into a log, using the irritation as strength. "He's clearly still hung up on her, why do you think he wanted to talk to her so badly?" Tony added. 

Steve shook his head, "Okay, let's try and not scare Bucky".

Tony's comment seemed to have affected Bucky, "Should I be worried?" he asked.

Thor had just walked up to the group, he had just overheard most of the conversation. "I wouldn't worry so much, Loki wouldn't want to cause harm to her" Thor attempted to reassure Bucky. 

"Didn't he hurt her by letting your father banish her?" Tony argued.

Thor knew he was right, "Okay. Maybe you got me there" He replied. "But Y/N is a stubborn woman. She always has been so she won't let Loki worm his way into her life easily" He added. This seemed to reassure Bucky. "Anyway Barnes, I think we need to talk" He stated.

"Sounds like it's going to be an over protective talk to me" Steve said. 

"Y/N is like a sister to me. You hurt her, and I'll hurt you got it?" Thor said sternly to Bucky, causing a few snickers from Tony and Steve. 

Bucky didn't laugh as he knew Thor was serious, he also knew Thor was Y/N's best friend so he didn't want to have a bad relationship with him, he didn't anyway but he didn't want to cause one. "Got it. I would never hurt her" He replied honestly. 

"Good" Thor replied while throwing Mjolnir in the air and catching it.

"How long have you guys been together anyway?" Tony asked curiously.

"About 6 months" Bucky replied with a smile, remembering the past 6 months with Y/N, he had loved every moment. 

"Wow, a lot longer than I thought" Thor admitted. 

"Well she makes me happy" Bucky replied. 

"You definitely look happy. I guess it was a good thing going to Wakanda" Steve stated.  

Bucky nodded, with the same smile on his face. Y/N really changed his life and he couldn't be more grateful that they were together.