Chapter Twenty Two

"Where is Zemo?", Steve asked again.

Before anyone could answer a card pulled in front of you four. Zemo driving.

"Well I guess that answers that question.", Sam replied.

"Oh Hello Captain, long time no see.", Zemo greeted Steve.

"Zemo", he replied in a stern voice.

"You're going back to jail." Sam stormed up to the car and opened the door, grabbing his arm.

Zemo sighed, cooperating with Sam as he pulled him out of the vehicle. "I do suppose it's time to go. I had a fun two days out, thanks guys" 

-

Zemo was returned to the prison in Berlin. You, Steve, Bucky and Sam were on a plane back to the compound.

Everyone was silent. 

Steve stood up, annoyed no one speaking. "Okay, so are we going to talk about what happened?" 

"You mean the part of the mission where we found out who was creating the serum?" Sam asked, ignoring Steve's tone.

"You know I don't mean that Sam. I'm talking about the fact that you three broke Zemo out of Prison.", he was beyond pissed.

"Actually, he broke himself out we just didn't return him" Bucky defended, not looking up and messing with his arm and ignoring at how mad Steve was.

"Not helpful Bucky", you replied.

"That reminds me, where did Sharon go?" Sam asked, changing the subject.

"She said she had some business to take care of, and then she'll call when she wants to come home", you replied.

"Guys", Steve raised his voice.

"We get it Steve. You're mad. Disappointed in us. But Nagle can no longer make the serum, given that he's dead. I'd say mission successful." Bucky said, still messing with his metal arm.

You sighed at Bucky's response. "We're sorry Steve but I don't think we would have found him if it wasn't for Zemo's help" 

Steve just looked at you, unsure of what to say.

"I didnt even realise Madripoor existed until yesterday", you pointed out. "I get it. Zemo has done some terrible things, that are definitely not forgivable, but he was really useful." 

"I hate to admit it. But Y/N is right, Zemo was useful." Sam backed you up.

Bucky looked up at Steve, "If it makes you feel any better Steve, we planned to return him afterwards." 

Steve sighed, "Fine, but don't expect to go on another mission for a while" 

"Thank God", Sam sighed with relief exhausted from the past few days. 

You rolled your eyes, and laughed slightly. "What Sam means to say is, sorry Steve. We will think about our actions, and work on them during this time" 

Sam and Bucky snorted with laughter.

Steve's face softened. "Why do you make it so hard for me to mad at you?" 

You shrug your shoulders, "No idea" 

Sams phone echoed throughout the plane.

He answers it, "Hello?" 

"Right"

"Okay." 

"We'll be on our way then. Bye Nat", he hangs up.