Chapter Eighteen

The next day

"Doll, wake up" Bucky said, gently shaking you. To Bucky's surprise you actually slept in your twos room, he expected you to sleep in Nat's room.

You stirred, really not wanting to get up. "What time is it?", you turned over to be greeted by Bucky dressed. 

"5 am" He replied, moving a piece of fallen hair behind your ear. "I think I know someone who could help with the mission but they're in Germany" 

You sat up, and yawned. "Okay", you gave Bucky a small smile.

"I know it's early, but you can sleep on the plane", he said softly.

"I'll get ready then" you said, getting up and giving Bucky a small kiss, which made him smile.

You wasn't full happy with him, but you couldn't be mad at him forever.

-

After seven or so hours flying, you had finally made it to Berlin, Germany. 

The three of you walked into a large building that was labeled 'Berlin Correctional Facility', which already set off so many alarm bells about who you were visiting.

A guard led you through until he came to a stop, "He's just through that corridor", he announced pointing towards a set of doors.

"Alright, give us a sec" Bucky replied, earning a nod from the guard who walked away. 

"Why are we here again?", you ask.

"Remember when I told you about Zemo?", Bucky asked. 

"Yeah", your replied. You remembered when you were discussing his lead up to moving to Wakanda, he told you about a guy who framed him for the murder of King T'Chaka, T'Challa's father. 

"Well he's here and he might have information on the super soldier serum" Bucky added and you nodded, you sensed Sam tense up. It was clear, even though he didn't get along with Bucky, he was still worried about this whole idea, Bucky facing someone who messed with him. It also made you feel a bit anxious. "Right, I'm going to talk to him. You two stay here"

Sam screwed his eyebrows together, "Why?"

"He was obsessed with Hydra, we have a history together. Trust me" Bucky replied.

Unconvinced, but knew he wouldn't get through to Bucky. "Fine, but don't let him get into your head. You know what he's like" 

"I got it", Bucky replied and walked down the corridor, leaving you and Sam to wait.

"I have a feeling we may regret this", you said to Sam.

"Me too", He replied. 

-

Bucky stood outside the door to Zemo's cell, waiting for the guard to open the door.

Once the door was unlocked, he left Bucky to enter the room. Closing the door behind him. 

A figure sat on a bed, behind a sheet of glass, just out of the light. Bucky stepped closer to the glass. He glared at the figure. 

"Желание (Longing)", Zemo spoke,  beginning the words that controlled Bucky once before. He stood up and slowly moved towards the glass. "Ржавый. (Rusted)", he said as he stepped into the light, so Bucky could now see him. "Семнадцать (Seventeen)"

"Those days are over", Bucky spoke. Finally proud he was free of the dreadful set of words.

"I know" Zemo said, tilting his head with a cocky smile. "So what can I do for you Mr Barnes?", he turned slightly, looking back at his cell.