Chapter Ten

The next day

The Avengers gathered for a meeting, waiting for Thor's arrival. "Where is Thor?" Steve asked slightly irritated, they had been waiting for a while for him to come back to earth. The door flies open. "I'm here. I'm here" Thor spoke as he strutted through the room. "What took you so long?" Nat asked, equally as annoyed. 

"It took a while to convince him to come" Thor stated. A few of the team exchanged confused looks. Clint was the first to speak up, "Who?" 

"Reindeer games" Tony replied as he turned around from the computer, knowing exactly who Thor was referring too.

Loki walked into the room. "Miss me?" He said with a devilish smile. Nat rolled her eyes and groaned, "Why is he here?" She asked as she glared at Loki.

"We need all the help we can get" Steve stated. Nat's glare shifted to Steve, she crossed her arms. "Couldn't have gotten someone who wasn't likely to kill us?" She asked.

Loki chuckled. "I'm a changed man Natasha" He said, which caused Nat glare at him again. "Seems unlikely" Bruce spoke up. Loki stared at him which caused Bruce to shuffle slightly in his spot. 

"Anyway, where is she?" Thor asked, changing the subject. Loki scrunched his eyebrows and tilted his head slightly, confused at Thor's question. "Where's who?" He asked. Receiving no response on who Thor was referring too. Thor was aware of Y/N's location since the Avengers had informed him. But for Loki's and Y/N's sake, Thor preferred to keep that information away from Loki, presuming it was the for the best that they had parted ways.

"She'll be here in a minute" Tony replied to Thor's question. Which caused Loki to pout. 

The door to the lounge opened, Bucky walked in and noticed Loki. "Great. You brought the psychopath" He said sarcastically while removing his jacket. Loki and Bucky have had previous encounters and they did not get along, they would always argue or in one case, fight each other until Thor and Steve broke them apart before any serious damage was done.

Loki laughed at Bucky's reaction. "Good to see you too Buck" Loki greeted him with a sarcastic smile. Bucky moved closer to Loki, until their faces were inches apart, Loki didn't flinch. "Don't call me Buck" Bucky said, rather annoyed. "Sorry Buck" Loki replied, still smiling. Bucky stared at Loki, angered filled inside him. Steve moved towards them and push Bucky away from Loki.

Tony laughed slightly, "Oh this is going to be fun". Bucky glared at Tony. "Hey metal man, don't look at me. I'm not the one you should be pissed at" Tony stated. "Oh there maybe another reason he's going to pissed at Loki for" Wanda announced. Everyone looked at Wanda, Including Loki, who was equally as confused as everyone else. 

"Did I miss something?" A voice came from the door. "That's what I mean" Wanda said as everyone turned towards Y/N who stood in the doorway awkwardly. "Ah Lady Y/N!" Thor shouted and ran towards her, pulling her into a big hug and spinning her around. 

"Okay, thanks Thor. I still get dizzy" She spoke with a slight laugh as Thor put her down.

Loki was stood behind Thor, out of Y/N's view, she was still oblivious of his presence. He was speechless, confused, angry. He wasn't expecting to see her ever again, but there she stood, right where he could see her. She looked exactly like he remembered her, he wanted to run. But didn't want to at the same time. He felt guilt, remembering how he did nothing to stop her banishment. He knew she was going to be pissed at him, no matter how long it had been, he knew her all too well, knowing she could hold a grudge for a long time. 

"I missed you" Thor spoke again, distracting Loki from his thoughts. "I missed you too, wasn't expecting to see you again" Y/N replied, relieved she finally got see her best friend again. "Me too" Thor said, giving her a warm smiling.