Chapter Six

I've spent the past few days staying with Shuri and T'Challa. I still felt pretty bad about leaving Bucky in the bar but I needed some time to process everything. Shuri has been great, she's been keeping me distracted so I'm not lost in my thoughts and she got me a job at one of the small restaurants. It's a small job but I'm enjoying it so far.

It's around 7pm and I started cleaning the the restaurant. It's quiet, I'm the only one left since they trusted me to lock up. I glanced out the window, seeing cars and people going past, it was around the time people would go out and party. I turned back around and focused on putting the condiments in the basket. My mind kept wandering back to Bucky, I couldn't imagine what he felt when I left the bar, I hated myself for it. The bell of the door chimed as it was opened. I turned to see Bucky. I felt myself hold my breathe, I wasn't expecting to see him. I thought he'd want to avoid me. I sighed, "Hey" I greeted him with a small smile. "Hey" He replied, returning a smile. "I think we should talk" He added. I nodded, "Take a seat" I replied, gesturing towards the bar stool and he sat down. I walked around to the other side of the bar. "Want a drink?" I asked and he nodded. I went into the fridge and grabbed a beer and handed him it.

"So this is where you've been hiding?" He joked but was slightly serious. "Well, I wanted something to do, occupy my mind. So Shuri got me a job here" I replied while leaning on the side of the bar. He nodded, "I want to apologise. I shouldn't have done that" He stated referring to our kiss. I stood up straight and shook my head, "No. Don't apologise." I replied and then sighed, "I'm the one who should apologise" I corrected him. He scrunched his eyebrows together, "Why?" He questioned. "I shouldn't have ran out" I stated. He took a sip of his drink, "Why did you run?" He asked. I leaned against the bar again, "Before I came here I was with someone" I replied. He looked slightly hurt, "So, You still love him?" He asked, then taking another sip from his beer. I shook my head and laughed slightly, "No". He pulled a face that suggested that he thought I was lying. "Don't look at me like that, I was just in shock and confused. I felt a little overwhelmed, that's why I ran" I reassured him. "So what happened with this guy?" He asked. I grabbed the chair near me and sat down. "He watched Odin banish me and he did nothing" I replied, feeling slightly down about the memory, it had been a few months since it happened but it still hurt. "How could this guy do anything if it was the King in the control?" Bucky asked. "He's the King's son" I stated. Bucky fought the urge to smile but failed miserably. "So what you're saying is... you were with a prince?" He mocked with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and laughed, "Don't laugh" I replied. 

"Look. I really like you" Bucky stated. I felt butterflies grow in my stomach. I never thought I'd feel this way about someone again but Bucky proved me wrong. My smile grew, "I really like you too" I replied. Bucky smiled, a smile that I was quite familiar with but this time it felt different, it made me feel happy and warm inside. "Maybe we could go on a date?" He shyly suggested. I laughed softly, "I'd like that" I replied. "You won't run this time?" He joked. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "I won't run this time" I reassured him. Bucky stood up and leant over the bar, he placed his hand on my face and guided my face towards him. Our lips met, this time, it felt right. No flashbacks. No doubts. Just happiness, this man was going to drive me insane. 

We pulled away from the kiss. Bucky placed his hand on my arm. "No running" He mocked. I laughed, "Do you see me moving?" I replied with a smirk. He shook his head and chuckled, sitting back down. "Well since I'm free now" I joked and ran around the bar and past Bucky towards the door.  Before I could go any further, He lifted me up. "Hey, this is kidnapping"  I joked. Bucky placed me down. I turned around  and looked up at him. "Not funny" He said with a slight smile. "It was a little funny" I replied and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Besides if I left, I think I wouldn't have a job since I still have stuff to do" I said as I walked past him back towards the bar. I grabbed the condiment basket and continued placing them in the basket. "Want me to leave?" Bucky asked. "No, I won't be long" I replied, still placing the condiments away. He wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Want some help?" He suggested. "How capable are you at placing chairs on a table?" I teased. "Very capable" He replied with a chuckle. "Well if you can do that, then I can sweep quickly and we can go home" I replied. "You're coming back to the hut?" He questioned. "Well I don't have to hide from you anymore, but I can always go back to Shuri..." I joked. "Don't you dare" He chuckled, kissing my cheek then started placing the chairs on the table. I grabbed the sweeping brush and began sweeping. "We may have  to stop off at Shuri and T'Challa's place, need to pick up my stuff" I said to Bucky as he was still picking up chairs. "Okay" He replied. 

Bucky held my hand as we made our way to T'Challa and Shuri's place. "You know. I'm not going to run" I joked, looking up at him as we walked through the streets of Wakanda. "I know, I just want to hold your hand" He replied looking down towards me with a smile. "Aw who knew you could be a big softy" I teased and he chuckled. After a short walk we were greeted by Shuri stood outside waiting for us. I messaged her before hand saying I was coming for my things. She had a huge smile on her face. "Finally" She squealed as she noticed Bucky was holding my hand. I shook my head and laughed. "Finally?" Bucky questioned. "Ignore her" I joked. "I'll be back in a minute" I squeezed Bucky's hand and I let go. I walked into the building, leaving the two stood outside. 

Third POV

"It's a good thing I told you where she was" Shuri spoke to Bucky. "Yes. Thankyou" he replied. "This is a good thing you know, you both deserve each other" Shuri reassured him. "I know, she's great. I didn't like being away from her the past few days, but I know she needed time" He replied. "She didn't like it either, I could tell" Shuri added. "Right, ready to go?" Y/N said as she walked out with her bag. Bucky smiled, "Yep", Y/N smiled. "Okay love birds leave or I'll be sick" Shuri joked. They all laughed, "Thanks for taking care of me Shuri" Y/N said with a soft laugh. "No problem, I had fun. We'll have to do more sleepovers" She replied then laughed. "Yes of course, Bye" Y/N replied. Bucky took a hold of Y/N's hand and began to walk home, Y/N turned to Shuri and gave her wave before Shuri walked inside.