Chapter Twenty Four

"How we looking Sam?" Steve asked

"About to pass through the barrier in just a moment", Sam replied, increasing the speed of the Quinjet.

The quinjet was quiet, everyone anxious on what's to come.

After a few moments, the Quinjet hit the barrier, it shook for a moment before gliding through it, revealing the beautiful place you call home, Wakanda stood proud and tall, just as you remembered it, well it hadn't been all too long but so much has happened since you parted ways from the place you were banished to.

You leant against Bucky, tired from everything, the mission, fighting Thanos' minions, losing Loki...

Not to mention, being weak from using your powers during the mission. You feared things were going to escalate, and you would have no power to stop it.

Bucky caresses your back, "We're home, doll", he whispers, kissing your head.

-

The group was now in Shuri's lab, Vision was getting examined by Shuri.

Shuri released the projection of the mind stone above her hand, "The structure is polymorphic", she announces.

"Right, we had to have to attach each neuron non-sequentially", Bruce adds.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Shuri asks, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Vision moved his head to look at Bruce who thought for a moment, "Because... we didn't think of it"

Shuri shrugged but slightly amused, "I'm sure you did your best"

"Can you do it Shuri?", You asked.

"Yes, but there is more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment can cause a cascade of circuit failures, it will take time"

"How long?", Steve asks.

"As long as you can give me", Shuri replies.

Okoye's beads beep, alerting her. "Something's entered the atmosphere"

Everyone turns to you, "His army", you look at Steve who nods, and with that, something hits the barrier, causing the ground to shake, you all try to balance your selves.

"Y/N, Wanda. Stay here and destroy the stone as soon as its out.", Steve commands.

You nod, "Okay", Wanda replies and moves to Visions side.

Bucky pulls you aside, you sensed his panic. "You gonna be okay?"

You hold his hands, "I'll be fine, you just need to be careful".

He chuckles slightly, "I always am, doll"

You sigh, "I love you, so much"

Bucky releases one of your hands and move his hand to your cheek and caresses it, "I love you too"

He gently pulled your face closer to his, lips meeting in the middle, you wanted this moment to last forever, but the world needed saving.

You both pulled away and rested your foreheads together, "Now go kick some ass", you whispered.

-

Everyone made their way onto the battlefield.

Steve, Nat and T'Challa made their way to the edge of the barrier where Thanos' army had landed.

"Where's your friend?" Nat asked referring to the minion you sliced earlier that day.

"You will pay for his life with yours", Proxima Midnight announced. "Thanos will have that stone, and we will get Y/N"