Chapter Seventeen

The plane ride back to the compound was silent. The mission was a fail, the group was a hell of a lot stronger than any of you imagined, but it didn't help that Bucky would ignore you and Sam not discussing the plan, or those two just simply couldn't work together. You get that they didn't like each other that well, but you thought for the sake of the mission they would have at least got along.

Bucky sat on top one of the crate, Sam was laid on one side of the plane, you was sat on the opposite side, fiddling with one of the rings on your fingers.

"You okay, Y/N?" Bucky spoke, breaking the silence.

"Mhm", you hummed in response, not really wanting to talk right now.

"She sounds mad" Sam pointed out.

You sighed, "Mad is an understatement" 

Sam sat up and turned to you, "What's wrong?" 

You turned to Bucky, "Bucky, your listening skills are awful", Bucky looked at your with sad eyes but he knew you were right, you felt awful saying it, but you were mad. "This could have gone a whole lot worse than it already did" 

"I get it. You're upset. But we're not playing the blame game" Sam replied.

"I'm not blaming anyone, they were a lot stronger than any of anticipated", you defended, Bucky looked down. "I'm just stating the obvious. Sam, we were supposed to be a team, and the lack of communication and planning was awful."

They both knew you were right.

"You're forgetting, I've never done anything like this before, but even I know that wasn't how a mission was supposed to go" you said. "You two need to get over whatever issues you have with each other or working as a team, will never work" 

"I'm sorry" Bucky said, you could tell he felt awful but you just weren't in the mood to deal with them.

"I love you, but don't talk to me for a while" You said walking past him to the back of the plane, out of the way.

"She just needs some time to cool down" Sam said, trying to reassure Bucky.

Bucky jumped down from the crate and sat down next to Sam, he was silent for a moment, Sam looked at him, waiting for him to speak. 

"She's right", Bucky said, causing a small confused look. Bucky looked at him, "We need to work as a team, ignore our issues and just focus on the mission" 

-

You three walked into the compound, greeted by Tony on the phone. "Sorry gotta go, an annoyed Goddess and two guilty looking men just walked into the room." 

You walked further into the compound while Bucky and Sam stayed behind, you were informed upon your arrival that Tony wanted to talk to them after the feedback they had given over the phone from the mission. 

Tony walked up to them, "Barnes, Wilson. Meeting room now.", he was stern. He wasn't surprised this was happening, but he had hoped you would have at least succeeded the mission. 

The three of them walked to the meeting room, none of them were happy.

Bucky and Sam took a seat while Tony stood in front of them.

"So." He started. "Are we going to talk about what happened or do I have to asked Y/N? Who I'm sure won't give a nice answer" 

They both shook their heads.

Tony sat down, "Right I forgot who I was talking to. Let's talk about why Y/N is mad at the two of you", he suggested.

"I didn't share the plan" Sam replied.