Chapter Thirty-Three

Bruce sets the machine off. You look above to see the mechanics in motion, preparing to send you all to different times.

Everyone begins to activate their helmets, preparing for a unique experience through the quantum realm.

The base of the machine opened up and swallows you all up, flying through bright and colourful lights, feeling how you begun to get smaller and smaller. Having strong senses, the feeling was very strange.

Looking at your wrist, finding the co-ordinate's you need to follow, in order to get to the right time and place. You grab Rhodey and travel down one path as you see the others flying down separate paths.

M   O   R   A   G

Peter Quill is spotted dancing through the darkness, unaware of his surroundings. Splashing through puddles, without a care in the world. "Come and get your love", he sings off key.

You and Rhodey are crouched behind a rock.

"So... he's an idiot?", Rhodey declares.

You sigh, you have briefly met Quill and he's always been the same. "Pretty much, yeah..."

Quill gets closer, still unaware of your twos presence. You throw your fist forward, knocking him out. Rhodey screws his eyebrows together, and you shrug your shoulders and walk towards the temple where your stone was being held.

You place your hand on one of the rocks, the temple recognises your presence and the doors of the temple begin to open.

Rhodey braces himself as you begin to walk in. "Woah woah woah", he grabs your arm, stopping you from continuing.

You turn to him, "What?"

"This is the part where you know, spikes come out." He begins, causing you to screw your eyebrows together. "With skeletons on the end of them"

"What?", you ask, completely confused at this point.

"When you break into a place called the temple of the power stone, there's gotta be a bunch of booby traps.", he explains.

You roll your eyes and continue walking into the temple, "Rhodey it's my temple, there's no booby traps, you need to stop watching so much TV."

You hear a slight chuckle as he begins to follow you, holding a bright orb, admitting light.

After a little bit of walk through the darkness you're both met with a beam of strong energy holding up the orb which contains the power stone.

"How do you get it out of the there? Is there gonna -", Rhodey starts.

"Be arrows flying at us if I go to grab that?", you interrupt him.

He looks away, "I wasn't going to say that..."

You hum in disagreement, shaking your head a little, chuckling slightly. "The energy beam will hurt pretty much anyone with a living arm, except me." 

You lean forward, hand entering the energy, Rhodey watching intensely. You grab the orb and pulling it away from where it has been held for so long. You make eye contact with Rhodey, who is so lost at this point and wondered why on earth he volunteered to come to a planet with someone as reckless as you.

You twist the orb, it begins to open, a purple glow fills the once dark room. The two halves of the orb immediately flying across the room, causing Rhodey to jump out the way.

The Power Stone, floating before you. It had been so long since you had seen it , felt it's presence, felt it's power...

You take a big sigh and gulp, knowing what's coming next.

"What are you-", Rhodey begins before he sees you reaching out for the stone.

You grab the stone, the pain courses through your entire body. You screech out, causing Rhodey wanting to come to your aid, but the purple being so powerful, he cannot see you.

This feeling felt so old but new. It had been 5 years since Thanos took your powers, when he ruined your life, took people you cared so much about. Ruined so many lives and took so many loved ones from people, aliens, creatures all over the galaxy.

Knowing what this stone could do, to bring those people back, to bring Bucky back. You fought through the pain. Taking in all that power than you were oh so familiar with, you felt the stone become just a stone to you, no longer a paperweight of energy, now that you could withstand the energy that it still held

The glow left the surroundings, sucking back into the stone you clutched in your hands. You fall to your knees out of breathe. Rhodey ran to your side, helping you up. "Rocket was right." You begin, holding onto his arm. "My stone does hurt like a bitch." 

After a few moments of recovery, you scurry to find the orb pieces and place the stone back into it, so it was safer to travel with. Once the stone was back in its place you handed the orb to Rhodey, "Here, you can hold it."

Rhodey looks down and looks back at you, concern blankets his face.

"What?", you question.

"Are you okay? That looked really painful.", he asked.

You sigh and smile, "I have my full strength back, I feel better than ever." 

He chuckles slightly, "You are crazy, you know that right?"

You laugh, "I have been described as that numerous times, now come on let's go."