☠︎ CHAPTER THREE ☠︎

A redhead woke up in a weird room.

She opened her eyes and tried to register where she was. Looking around the room, she tried to register what is the place she was in.

The room wasn't one like her room in the palace. That's how she knew she was no longer inside the castle grounds.

Her room back in the palace was one of big extravagances. It was a luxury that she would never take for granted. It was a huge room with white, gold, and purple colors all around. The bed was massive that Lily thought could tightly fit three or four people.

The room Lily was currently in was a small one with brown, wood walls. In one corner, there was one small bed that Lily was sure barely fit one person. The problem with the bed wasn't that it was small - Lily barely moved in her sleep, so that would never be a problem - the problem with the bed was that it was tattered  to probably the poorest condition Lily has ever saw something.

Lily tried to move her hands, but noticed they were tied behind her back. She also noticed that her lavender dress was slightly torn, very dust, and had smudges of dirt here and there. Lily smiled at the thought of how her mother would probably lecture her and then proceed to kill whoever let her precious daughter end up like this mess.

The redhead princess tried her best to untie herself, but it seemed she was unable to untie herself. She came to the horrible thought that she was a hostage to a probable ransom.

Lily has only ever read stories about princess being hostage and the pirate killing her in the end because her family didn't pay any kind of ransom the pirate wanted.

The princess took deep breathes and remembered some of the Greek philosopher quotes her mother made her and her siblings memorize and intercept it in their own ways. Surprisingly, that started being a thing the red-haired princess does to calm herself whenever in a tough situation. Greek mythology and Greek philosopher quotes were the best ways to calm Lily down. Even if it had nothing to do with the situation.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act, but a habit."

"An unexamined life is not worth living."

"Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly."

Those three quotes alone started calming the redheaded princess. Her breathing started to slow, but not to her normal breathing pattern.

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."

That quote by Plato made Lily wonder more about love. If everyone becomes a poet because of love, then why has she never seen her father turn into a poet? That made her doubt if her parents were truly in love or not. Sure, her parents work well together as king and queen and as mother and father, but are they truly in love or did they marry for power?

"Life is long if you know how to use it."

Lily thought about it. Did she know how to use the prospects and resources of life? Because at the moment she didn't seem like she know how to handle whatever life is. She didn't know if she should blame herself or her parents.

Suddenly, a black animal came out from the black shadows of nothingness. It was like he came out of the blackness of no where. It was a black cat with green eyes that shone like emeralds in the darkness. It reminded Lily of her very own eyes and she smiled at the cat. Somehow, she knew it was a boy and the princess was certainly not wrong.