☠︎ CHAPTER SEVEN ☠︎

James was at his desk.

I'll tell you something, even if the Captain only admits it to very few people.

He was trying to improve his handwriting, but he never had a teacher to teach him. Of course, he used to have his mother, but that was something you might never know. You might never know about the Captain's parents except if he chooses to speak about them. I guess it only comes up to your luck if he speaks about the topic or not.

There was a knock at his door.

"Enter," said James, hiding the papers behind a map that he proceeded to be examining.

He looked up and saw Dorcas Meadows, one of the pirates in his crew.

Today, she was wearing a shirt and and a pair of pants the color of sunken shadows. The belt around her waist was a dark red color that Dorcas likes to think is the color of the blood of all her enemies.

She tied her curly hair in a back ponytail and raised an eyebrow at her boss.

"You wanted to see me, Captain?"

"Yes," said Captain. "You can stand or sit in front of me. Whatever you like, I honestly don't care because neither position affects what I'm going to tell you."

"You cancel whatever lecture you have planned for me, Captain," said Dorcas, sitting down and laying her crossed feet on the table.

The Captain - his feet already laying on the desk, crossed at the ankles - looked at the female pirate. He raised an eyebrow at her and looked at her, a questioning look in his eyes.

"Is there a reason I should give you a scolding?" asked Captain Potter.

"I don't know," shrugged Dorcas, leaning her head to one side and looking at the Captain. "Is there?"

"Let's see," sighed Captain James Potter as he put his feet down on the ground and leaned forward, his hands interlocked together on his desk. "One, you tell the hostage about the notes. Two, you always are with hostage. Those are two perfectly good reasons so far."

"One, she has a bloody good right to know and you know that, Captain," said Dorcas. "Two, rather keep her company than watching her run away without any of you noticing."

"What?"

"She's smart, Potter, and slightly rebellious," said the female pirate. "You honestly think she wouldn't have ran away by now? I've been keeping her company and letting her mind away from the thought of running away from your little trap."

"So, you've been helping me?"

"Yes," said Dorcas. "Although everything is real."

"What do you mean everything is real?" asked James, raising an eyebrow in question.

"I mean, if I didn't really see any bond with your hostage," said Dorcas, "I won't have even did this in the fucking first place."

She raised her hands in exasperation and leaned back on her chair.

"So, what are your plans, Captain?" asked Dorcas, crossing her arms.