☠︎ CHAPTER SIX ☠︎

Dorcas was hanging out with the only woman who was on The Snitch, even if she was the hostage of the ship.

"Your outfit is creative," admitted Lily to the female pirate.

"I don't think Devonte knows that I took his shirt."

Dorcas Meadows was wearing an oversized white shirt. The first two buttons weren't tied together making her collarbone and shoulders seen out to the world. Around her waist was a brown, complicated-looking corset. Since she was wearing a shirt, it was accompanied by a pair of black baggy trousers. Her hair - which was a little damp since she forced a certain someone to throw her into the ocean and bring her back up as part of the training Dorcas assigned herself with skillful thoughts - was in it's natural, black curls.

"We don't want him to know?" asked the princess hostage.

"Not at all," chuckled the female pirate.

Lilith Black was wearing a white dress. The neckline was one that showed some collarbone, almost off-shoulder but not quite. The sleeves of the dress were very wide by her hands. Around her waist was a simple black corset.

"Done!" called Dorcas as she stepped away and admired her work.

What work? Well, the work of doing the princess hostage's hair in a simple low ponytail with some strands framing her beautiful face.

"Thank you," nodded the princess in gratitude.

"Thank you? That's a weird word," said Dorcas. "Pirates don't usually say that. Scratch that. Pirates never say thanks. The best you'll get is a nod of probably gratitude."

"Really?" asked Lily. "'Please' and 'Thank you' are probably the first thing that anyone learns."

"When you are a royal," added Dorcas.

"When you are a royal," agreed the princess.

They stayed in a moment of silence, a curse of the not talking, until Dorcas broke it with a sharp silver sword of verbal words.

"Want to know something interesting?" asked Dorcas.

"How interesting?" asked the princess hostage, quite intrigued as her ears perked up on some news.

"Might bring some sadness, but apparently there is something between pirates and royals," said Dorcas.

Lily's ears perked up at the mention of royals. Could Dorcas possibly mean the princess's family?

The female pirate started telling the hostage princess about the letter the Captain sent the royals of Evraican. She also told the princess about the three letters the Captain received in return to what he sent.

"So, my parents threatened the person who took me as hostage?" asked the princess of Evraican. "No offense, but it seems quite reasonable and expected."

"You learned how to say 'no offense'!" exclaimed Dorcas, ignoring the rest of what was said and hugging the princess.

"Yes, yes, yes," said the princess. "Although, I do have a question. Who is the Dark Lord?"

Dorcas looked at the princess and led her to the bed. She sat down and starting telling the story of the Dark Lord.

"He is a feared Captain," started Dorcas.

"Just like Captain Potter?"

"Yeah, except that the Dark Lord is not as young as our Captain," said Dorcas, continue the tale she was telling. "He kills anyone in his way, in simple words."

"Isn't that what all pirates do?"

"Pirates differ from one another," said Dorcas. "The pirates in this crew kill if it's really needed. Mostly, we just steal. After all, we are The Snitch crew."