elevator ride

consider voting on this chapter!

the ride to the doctors was a silent and quick one

the ride to the doctors was a silent and quick one. it mainly consisted of you can katsuki talking about how similar kumiko's quirk was to your mothers.

yet also similar to katsuki's considering the explosion that surprisingly caused no damage.

when the car finally parked you looked back to see kumiko fast asleep in her car seat. "should i wake her up?" you whispered to katsuki.

he then looked in the rearview mirror to glimpse at his daughter too. "i wouldn't," he mumbled "i don't think she has to be awake for the testing." he dismissed.

and with that you both got out of the vehicle, katsuki went to get kumiko and you both headed into the building.

"hi, we need to see a doctor right away my daughter just got her quirk a few minutes ago," you spoke to the receptionist.

the receptionist's expression changed from welcoming to a slightly confused one. "pardon me?" she questioned as she looked between you, katsuki, and kumiko.

you immediately realized what she was thinking. "oh no!" you panicked "her quirk made us look younger we're older i promise." you stated.

why would it be her business if we were this young anyway? you rolled your eyes mentally.

the woman nodded in understanding as she picked up the phone on her desk and clicked a few numbers. "hi doctor," she greeted the person on the other line. "there's a couple here with their daughter and she just got her quirk," she told the doctor.

your heartbeat quickens at the mention of you and katsuki being a couple. neither of you corrected the woman seeing as she was on the phone.

yet you saw katsuki look your way out the corner of your eye making you nervous.

the receptionist wrapped up the conversation with the doctor before hanging up. "you two can go ahead," she smiled "it's room 314."

the both of you thanked her and found yourselves going to the elevator. katsuki who was still holding kumiko's sleeping figure walked into the elevator first and you followed close behind.

once you were all in you clicked the button marked 'third floor' before backing away to stand next to your ex-husband.

the sound of the elevator closing filled the silence of the elevator. that was until you decided to speak up. "this is pretty fun, huh?" you asked, sparking a conversation.

"huh?" katsuki questioned, "you mean being 17 again?". humming in response a smile made its way into your lips "it feels nice, being younger again!" you piped up still silent enough to not wake up kumiko.

"tch, i guess you're right," he shrugged while moving kumiko to only one of his arms. "but hopefully we can get changed back soon," he added.

at that, the elevator made a ding to announce it made its stop on floor 3.

"well," you huffed as you took a step forward "here we are."