kumiko

consider voting on this chapter!(bad proofreading, my b)

(bad proofreading, my b)

consider voting on this chapter!(bad proofreading, my b)

"i'll always love you...always"

your throat had gotten tight, you didn't know what to say. of course, you still loved katsuki, but admitting it now, after everything? what would it mean?

your eyes became glassy as memories of the two of you flooded your brain. letting out a shaky breath a tear rolled down your cheek before you looked the blond in the eyes. "i love you too," you finally said with a small smile forming on your lips.

the blond perked up at your words and his eyes slightly widened. "but," you began causing katsuki's face to return to a small frown. "i'm not letting you off the hook so easily, you know it's going to take a lot for you to prove you mean everything you said to me just now." you explained as you wiped away the tear that was present on your cheek.

"yeah i know," the ash-blond chuckled as he reached for one of your hands that sat on the table. letting him take it you sent him a small smile to which he returned. he was about to open his mouth to speak but his cell phone ringing stopped him.

hesitantly pulling his hand away katsuki reached for his phone in his back pocket and read the caller id. glancing back up to you he spoke "it's eijiro," he told you as if before giving you looks as if he was asking for your permission to answer. you watched as he listened to whatever it was his friend was saying as he stated back at you.

a soft expression was on his face before his eyes widened—presumably at kirishima's words. "that fast?" the man exclaimed as his lips fell apart in shock. "yeah okay i'll tell her...okay thanks, bye." he ended the call before putting his phone away and glancing back up at you.

"he said kumiko can turn us back now,"

"is he sure?"

"he said she picked it up pretty quickly, and they tested it." he explained to you. a hesitant sigh of relief fell from your lips as you slumped back. "should we get going?" you asked hesitantly. "i mean if we wanna turn back yeah," katsuki replied as he stood up from the table and offering you his hand.

without another thought, you took his hand and the two of you rushed to the exit of the club.

"i can't believe she picked up on it that fast," you mused as you entered the passengers' side of the car. "i can," the blond started as he pulled off and onto the road. "she is our daughter after all."

"besides that she had hero and quirk trainer red riot helping her." you added followed by a small laugh. "yeah i guess him too," he joked earning another laugh from you as you watched the road ahead.

the red-eyed male glanced over to see the smile on your face before it fell slowly into a neutral expression. he swore he could hear his heart beating out of his chest. swallowing hard he looked back to the road and continued driving with kirishima's house in mind.

the ride was mostly silent, it had gotten darker out but the two of you made small talk on the way to the house.

for two people who were in love with each other, you sure were awkward.

your friend's house was now in sight and the closer you got the more anxious both of you were. for different reasons. you were anxious to see if kumiko had actually gotten her quirk down that quick but a small part of you didn't want that to be true. you wanted to live the teenage life you missed out on.

katsuki on the other hand was anxious to know what would happen after the two of you got back to normal. could you two work things out and get back together? it's what he was hoping for, ever since you left the jazz club.

you were snapped out of thought when the sound of the car engine shutting off filled your ears. "are you ready?" the blond asked as he looked over to you.

you were staring out the window and at the door of kirishima's house. so many possibilities refill your mind. "yeah," you sighed before unbuckling your seat belt and exiting the car. your ex-husband followed in suit and you headed to the door of the house.

before either of you could knock your high school friend pulled back the door and hurried the two of you in.

"mommy! daddy!" the voice of your daughter shrieked as she ran from the living room into your direction. bending down you opened your arms wide for her to embrace you. as you rubbed circles into her back you heard katsuki huff behind you. "what about me?" he asked before opening his arms for kumiko.

finishing her hug with you and embracing her dad . "i can make you guys old again!" she said cheerfully. "ouch," you hissed as you clutched your chest dramatically. "hey we aren't old," katsuki spoke up letting go of kumiko. "old enough," the girl sassily remarked.

you gawked at her words and held back laughter as you saw the confused look on your ex's face. "where did she get that from?" he asked as he looked over to you. "she has your attitude." you smiled putting your hands up defensively.

"alright guys," kirshima clapped his hands together breaking up your little reunion. "kumiko are you ready?"

smiling wildly the girl sent her uncle two thumbs up followed by a nod.

"of course!"