always

consider voting on this chapter!

a week later you and katsuki had made plans for dinner

a week later you and katsuki had made plans for dinner. the days leading up to this dinner you had spoken over the phone or at drop off/pick up. you felt 17 again just casually talking to him like it was the first time.

you were planning a date, and of course, it was going to be at the same place you had your first date together. blue cosmos.

besides being there just last week you hadn't been in there in so long and to think you'd be going again with your ex-husband, on a date? insane. you thought, if you were to tell yourself a year ago that this would happen, you wouldn't believe yourself.

kumiko was with you as you sat at your vanity and got ready. you would be getting picked up by katsuki and the two of you would drop your daughter off at eijiro's place. then you'd head to dinner.

"mommy you look so pretty!" your daughter exclaimed from your bed, which was just behind you. you smiled at her through your mirror as you put the clasp of your second earring in. turning to look at your daughter you smiled "you look even prettier!"

miko burst into a fit of giggles and ran to hug you. "i want to be just as pretty as you, can you do my makeup?" it was at times like this you enjoyed being a mom.

the loving embrace of your little girl made you smile uncontrollably. "you don't need makeup miko," you began as you pulled her into your lap. you positioned yourself so you were looking back in the mirror and so was kumiko. "look at you, you're the most beautiful girl in the world."

you watch as your daughter stares at herself with a big smile. "i believe you but...that can't be possible because daddy always says that about you." she says it in a way that almost sounds like pouting and you hold back a smile for two reasons. the main one being that your daughter just sold her dad out.

the idea of katsuki thinking that of you enough to the point where kumiko says he 'always' says something.

it must be a lot.

"he does?" you ask in a whisper, you don't really want her to answer. you just stare off into the mirror. "mhm!" kumiko pipes up. "once we were watching a movie and i said the lady on tv was sooo pretty and he told me that she wasn't as pretty as you."

you were so shocked, not only by the fact that he had apparently said this before you guys even had that fiasco last week. but at the fact that your daughter was able to keep it hidden from you. she normally told you everything she said and did with her dad—or at least you thought so.

kumiko noticed your silence and spoke more, "i told him that no one was as pretty as you and he told me that you were the most beautiful girl in the world," she rambled and came to a pause. "but he said i'm the prettiest." her smile stayed big and the two of you began to laugh.

until your phone buzzed on your vanity.

you picked up your phone and you saw a text message from katsuki. it read; I'm 2 minutes away, stuck at a red light. Be there soon.

"okay sweetie your dad's almost here so put your shoes on," you said quickly when you felt the heat rise to your cheeks. you lifted kumiko off your lap, and she quickly ran out of your room to grab her shoes. you followed behind her but only walked out of your room and to the entryway of the house to grab your shoes.

you were wearing a black midi dress with a slit on the right side and you were going to wear your nicest black shoes which were a pair of chunky healer mary janes. you didn't own many heels. there was no reason other than the fact that you simply didn't go places where you needed to dress up.

kumiko was sitting at the front of the fenland putting on her pink skechers with straps. "are you sure you wanna wear pink shoes?" you asked as you eyed her outfit. she was wearing jean shorts and a bright blue moomin shirt. "yeah! i like pink and blue together!" she smiled and continued to strap on her shoes.

"you look great!" you smiled. and you meant it. kumiko knew what she was doing and when you saw the shoes with the outfit you saw she made it work.

you're pulled away from your thoughts when you hear a car pull into your driveway. "okay, time to go. do you have everything?" you ask, and you watch as your daughter lifts up her moomin backpack and says, "yeah and my tablet is in here!"

you return the smile, grab your purse off of one of the wall hooks along with your keys, and open the door.

grabbing miko's hand you head out the door looking down at her and you almost bump into katsuki. "woah!" he exclaims making you look up to see him. he was dressed nicely, the nicest you've seen him in a while.

he wore a black suit, no tie. he few of the top buttons to his white polo underneath his blazer were undone. classic katsuki. is what you think when you spot it. "you look...wow."

"i look wow?"

he nods, and you laugh.

katsuki looks down at kumiko and bends down with open arms. "is that the shirt i bought?" he questions as the two of them embrace. you smile softly at the sight and shut and lock the door behind you. "yup, i dressed myself!"

the blond stands up and smiles down at his daughter. "and you look great," he compliments before he looks over to you. you're making eye contact now. neither of you say anything, you're not quite sure you can hear anything now.

not even the wind blowing gently around you.

"can we go now?" kumiko's whining causes the two of you to snap out of it. "yeah we should get going," you agree and so does katsuki as he glances at his watch. "yeah we should."

kumiko begins to lead the way to the car just a few feet away from the two of you. you and katsuki linger behind her and take baby steps.

both of you stealing small glances at each other without the others' knowledge.

the two of you had always been able to have comfortable silences like this, even after divorcing.

it was always like it was just the two of you and nobody else.