Two

The door bell ringing made Cheryl quickly wipe away her tears as she stood up, she hadn't expected Toni to bring the twins back so soon.

She made her way to the door knowing she looked like shit but there wasn't much she could do now, she'd just tell the kids she was watching a sad movie or something.

'Oh Sweet Pea' she said surprised 'what are you doing here?'.

'I just saw Toni taking Aaliyah and Phoenix to Pops, I wanted to come by and check on you with everything going on' Sweet Pea said softly.

'Oh, you really didn't need to' Cheryl tried to smile as she stepped to the side to let him in.

'Of course I did, we've been friends for years' Sweet Pea said as he passed her with a small smile.

They sat on the couch, Cheryl not really knowing what to say, she was embarrassed and she wasn't sure why.

'Fangs told me that Toni stayed at his place last night so I'm guessing you know what happened' Sweet Pea said sympathetically.

'I think I do' Cheryl breathed as she tried to control her emotions 'thank you for stepping in'.

'I shouldn't have had to though Red, she and I aren't on speaking terms right now but she was really drunk, not that I'm defending her' Sweet Pea said.

'Things have been rough for us for a while but I didn't think she'd ever do that to me. I actually told her we needed to talk, I wanted us to spend some time together so we could talk everything out' Cheryl said sadly.

'Ah man I'm sorry, what are you going to do?' Sweet Pea asked.

'I have no idea, we haven't even spoken to the kids yet but I'm not ready to talk to her yet, I can barely look at her' Cheryl said.

'I get that' Sweet Pea nodded 'do you think you guys will work it out?'.

'No, not this time. How could I take her back after what she's done? If it wasn't for you she would have probably slept with him' Cheryl's face morphed in disgust.

'I don't think she would have let it get that far Red' Sweet Pea said.

'I'm not so sure' Cheryl sighed 'maybe I can't give her what she wants'.

'Of course you can, this isn't your fault Cheryl so don't think that okay?' Sweet Pea said seriously.

Before Cheryl could answer the front door burst open as the twins ran in excitedly followed by Toni who stood there awkwardly especially when her eyes landed on Sweet Pea.

'Sweet!' Aaliyah squealed as she jumped on the man followed by Phoenix.

'What are you doing here?' Phoenix asked.

'I came to wait for you guys to come home so we could play soccer in the garden' he said quickly.

'Really? Because I've been practicing on my recess' Aaliyah smiled.

'If it's okay with your mommies we can go in the garden and you guys can show me your skills' Sweet Pea smiled.

'Fine by me' Cheryl said quickly glancing at Toni before looking away.

'And me' Toni nodded.

***

'So we should probably talk about arrangements with the kids' Cheryl said looking up at Toni from her place on the couch after Sweet Pea had taken the twins to go and play in the garden.

'You've been crying' Toni said sadly as she took a seat at the edge of the couch.

'We're not talking about me, we're talking about our children and how we're going to tell them we're not together anymore' Cheryl said as she tried her hardest not to look at Toni's neck.