Twenty Six

'But what we had didn't mean anything to you, did it?' Raven said and Cheryl frowned, she wasn't expecting this conversation to come up.

'Of course it did, I really did like you and that's why I broke things off because I didn't want to hurt you' Cheryl answered.

'So if Toni wasn't in the picture we could have been something?' Raven asked 'like do you believe that?'.

'Raven, I love Toni, she's my wife and the mother to my children so out of respect for her I'm not going to answer questions like that'.

'Where was her respect for you when she cheated on you?' Raven asked 'she doesn't deserve you, I could treat you so much better, deep down you know that'.

'I thought you wanted to be friends? Bad mouthing my wife isn't the way to go about that Raven' Cheryl said trying to remain calm.

'I'm not bad mouthing her, I'm just telling the truth. I thought we had something special and I haven't stopped thinking about you. Cheryl I think... I think I love you' Raven said reaching across the table for the redheads hand.

'What?' Cheryl said pulling her hand away before Raven could reach it.

'Cheryl I need you in my life, I know it looked like I didn't care when you told me you was trying again with Toni and I really thought I would get over it but I can't. I've never felt like this about anyone' Raven said.

Cheryl couldn't believe what was happening, she truly believed that Raven wanted to be friends but instead she was here asking for her back.

'Raven I'm with Toni you know that, I didn't think you was like this. I thought you was a good person' Cheryl said.

'I am and I don't want to break up your family but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't at least try' Raven said, there was still hope in her eyes 'let's be honest if you truly cared about Toni you wouldn't be here with me'.

'How dare you?' Cheryl said loudly catching the attention of the other customers 'I love my wife'.

'She doesn't have to know, we can see how it goes between us, in secret until you're sure about how you feel' Raven tried again.

'Are you out of your mind?' Cheryl said her eyes wide in shock 'I'm sure of how I feel and I don't feel anything for you Raven, I don't. I liked you when we were dating but it was never anything more than that. It's Toni, it'll always be Toni'.

Raven began to panic and she could see she was losing Cheryl, she really thought with the redhead willing to meet her that she had a chance.

'But she doesn't deserve you' Raven tried again 'I could give you the world'.

Cheryl sighed 'you're not listening, I have my world- my wife and our children. I think I should go. Please don't reach out to me again'.

Raven watched as Cheryl picked up her things after placing $20 on the table.

The dark haired woman stood up quickly and chased the redhead outside.

'Cheryl wait' Raven pleaded.

Cheryl didn't know why but she stopped and turned around.

'What Raven?' Cheryl just wanted to go home.

Raven leaned forward placing a hard kiss on the redheads lips.

Cheryl pushed Raven back and slapped her across the face, she wasn't just pushing the boundaries now Raven had completely crossed them.

The redhead turned around and got into her car ignoring Raven begging for her to give her a chance.

She put the keys in the ignition and pulled the car away.