Fifteen

Cheryl hesitated as she sat on her bed after putting the twins to bed, she wanted to call Toni and let her know about her conversation with the twins but she didn't want to bother the brunette out of the blue.

She shook her head at herself, Toni would want to know about the twins being upset, she knows she would.

She changed into her pyjamas and crawled into bed before picking up her phone and calling her wife.

The phone didn't ring for too long before Toni picked up but she couldn't hear too much over the music in the background.

'Cher? Is everything alright?' Toni asked with slight concern in her voice.

'Oh Toni I didn't realise you was busy, I can speak to you tomorrow' Cheryl said slightly flustered, she should have known better than to call unexpected, Toni was the serpent queen and she needed time to be that.

'It's fine, are you okay?' Toni asked again, Cheryl could tell she had found a quieter spot.

'I'm okay Toni, I'll call you tomorrow okay? Goodnight' Cheryl said before hanging up the phone and placing it on her nightstand with the screen facing down.

She turned off the lamp on her nightstand and closed her eyes in an attempt to sleep.

***

Toni cut her time at the Whyte Wyrm short after her quick phone call with the redhead, it obviously wasn't an emergency but Toni still wanted to make sure Cheryl was alright.

She tried calling her back but there was no answer and now Toni was stood outside of her old home looking as darkness filled every window.

She didn't want to knock on the door and wake her children and Cheryl wasn't answering her phone so there was only one thing left that the brunette thought she could do.

Half way into her climb up to her old bedroom window Toni could almost laugh at herself with how ridiculous she must look, she was definitely too old to be climbing to see her lover but she carried on careful not to make too much noise.

***

Cheryl was sure she heard a knocking but she ignored it assuming that she had imagined it as she was falling asleep, at least she did until she heard it again.

She sat up and turned on her lamp looking around her room to see if her children had come into the room but they hadn't, she frowned in confusion.

She finally realized the sound was coming from her window, she sneaked over carefully and to be honest a little on edge.

Her fear evaporated instantly though when she slowly pulled back her curtain and saw Toni there with a cheeky grin on her face.

'Toni what are you doing here? You almost gave me a heart attack' Cheryl whispered as she opened the window and helped the brunette climb in.

'I...' Toni started.

'Shhh...' Cheryl said placing a finger over Toni's lips as she listened intently 'one of the kids is up, you need to hide'.

Cheryl looked around the room before guiding Toni over to her closet 'hide in there'.

Toni shook her head with a grin before climbing inside, Cheryl quickly shutting the door as her bedroom door opened.

'Mommy...' Aaliyah said as she looked around the room.

'What's wrong baby?' Cheryl asked as she leant against the closet door.

'I thought I heard someone knocking' she said as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

'Sorry sweetheart it was me, I was a little noisy getting ready for bed, I'm sorry for waking you come on lets get you tucked in' Cheryl said as she picked up her daughter and carried her back to her room.