Twenty Seven

Toni pulled up to the Centreville welcome sign with Jughead sat in the passenger seat, Bear in the backseat and Sweet Pea and Fangs following in the truck behind.

The brunette pulled out her phone to call Sweet Pea.

'Hey' he said when he answered the call 'what's the plan?'.

'We'll split up, drive around keeping a look out for anything suspicious or if we're lucky Cheryl's car' Toni said.

'Okay T, sounds good'.

Toni hung up the phone and took a deep breath.

'Don't worry T, we'll find her' Jughead said.

'We need to and fast, god knows what Malachai will do' Toni breathed.

Toni took one road while Sweet Pea took another, they had no idea how many people were working with Malachai so they had to be careful not to draw attention to themselves.

'Can't you track Cheryl's phone?' Jughead asked.

'No, I have no idea how to do that' Toni said.

'Do you mind if I try?' Jughead asked.

'Go ahead' Toni said motioning to her phone.

Jughead picked up the brunettes phone and his heart ached for her when he say the photo on her phone screen.

It was Toni and Cheryl with the twins and Bear, they all looked so happy and everyone was glad that they were giving their relationship another go.

And then this happened.

Jughead hoped this wasn't the end for them.

He hopes they find Cheryl alive and well, not just because he cares about the redhead but because he doesn't know what her family would do without her.

As he tapped on Cheryl's contact details he tried to find any way to track her but it was no use.

'It's alright Jughead, thank you for trying ' Toni said after a while.

***

They had spent what felt like forever looking around Centreville but they had no luck so far.

With every minute that ticked by Toni was getting more and more worried and she didn't think that was possible.

Jughead called Sweet Pea to meet them on a quiet road, they weren't waiting long before the truck pulled up behind them.

Toni and Jughead got out of her car leaving Bear asleep on the backseat.

'Anything?' Toni asked already knowing the answer.

'No T I'm sorry, I don't even really know what we're looking for' Sweet Pea said.

'Me either' Toni admitted 'I doubt he'd leave her car on show'.

'She might not even be in Centreville T' Fangs said.

'I know' Toni said looking down.

Just then Toni's phone rang again breaking the sad silence amongst the friends.

Toni looked at the screen 'it's Cheryl's phone' she said tapping on the screen and putting it on speaker.

'Malachai' Toni said bluntly.

'TT it's me' she heard her wife whisper and a little relief washed over her.

'Cher, are you okay? Has that bastard hurt you?' Toni rushed out, she didn't know how much time she had on the phone with her wife.