Thirteen

The redhead was more than nervous, she didn't know what to expect and she didn't know what the end result of this talk with Toni would be.

What she did know though was that she couldn't keep going backwards and forwards with the brunette, she needed to decide what she wanted and ultimately what was best for her family for the future.

She didn't want to work things out with Toni just for everything to go back to how they were before and she definitely didn't want to put their children through seeing their parents fighting all of the time again.

She finished off her make up feeling so conflicted, she knew she still loved Toni but sometimes love wasn't always enough.

There was a chill in the evening air now and Toni had told her to dress warmly, so she chose a pair of black jeans, a thin black sweater and she finished her outfit off with a red puffer coat and white sneakers.

She made her way downstairs as the butterflies in her stomach grew more intense, Toni would be here any minute and she started feeling nauseous.

She didn't have too long to think about it though because her door bell rang letting her know that the brunette was here to pick her up.

Cheryl took a deep breath and moved towards the door, opening it to find Toni stood there with a small smile as she held out another bouquet of flowers, the redhead could tell she was nervous too.

'These are for you, you look great Cher' Toni smiled.

'Thank you, so do you' Cheryl said, a small smile taking over her lips as she took the flowers 'I'll just put these in some water'.

The redhead put the flowers into the same vase as the flowers she received that morning before turning back to the brunette.

'Ready?' Toni asked.

'Ready' Cheryl nodded.

'Okay let's go' Toni said as she stepped backwards to allow space for the redhead to shut and lock the back door.

'So what's the plan and where's your car?' Cheryl asked as she turned to face the brunette.

'That would be telling' Toni smiled 'and there's no car, we're going on my bike'.

'Your bike? Toni I haven't been on that bike since...' Cheryl started.

'You got pregnant' Toni finished her sentence 'I know and that's why I brought it'.

Cheryl nodded a little, it had been so many years and she couldn't deny she was a little scared.

'Don't worry' Toni said placing a soft hand on Cheryl's arm 'I've got you'.

Toni hand was soon back by her side as they walked towards the motorcycle, stopping as Toni reached for the helmets hanging on the handlebar.

'Here you go' Toni said handing one of the helmets to Cheryl before sliding her own on her head.

'Is this... mine? I thought we threw it out years ago?' Cheryl asked.

'You told me to throw it out but I couldn't, I hoped one day you'd let me take you for a ride again and that day finally came' Toni smiled before she climbed on to her bike 'come on'.

Cheryl climbed on the back of the bike feeling slightly guilty that Toni had been hoping they'd go out on her bike together for all of this time, maybe this was where she could have done better in their marriage.

The redhead held on to Toni's jacket but quickly wrapped her arms around her when the bike began to move.

Toni smiled to herself as they rode along the road, it had been so long since they had done this together, she smiled even more as she felt the redhead relax behind her.