Twenty Five

The Serpents chatted amongst themselves wondering why they had been called for a meeting so early in the morning.

Aaliyah and Phoenix were sat in a booth with some toys Toni had brought to keep them occupied but she was sure they wouldn't bother with them.

Fangs and Jughead sat in front of the stage both of them confused since they hadn't heard of any trouble arising.

Toni climbed on to the stage, Sweet Pea by her side for support if she needed it.

Veronica stayed in the booth with the twins to keep an eye on them.

'Thank you all for coming on such short notice' Toni said as she tried to keep her voice even 'I've gathered you all here today as my family, I need your help, Cheryl my wife is missing...'.

A gasp echoed around the bar, Fangs and Jughead looked at each other in shock.

'She was last seen yesterday afternoon at the coffee shop in Greendale, I have already spoken to the sheriff but I need your help too'.

'We're here for you boss!' One of the serpents shouted.

Toni smiled gratefully as she nodded, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Aaliyah got up quickly and ran to her mother to comfort her.

She climbed on to the stage with her brother and hugged her tightly.

Aaliyah turned to the crowd as Toni and Phoenix cried.

'Serpents' she said confidently causing Toni to look down at her 'we need to work together to find my mom, does anyone have any ideas?'.

Toni couldn't be prouder of her daughter, she placed a hand on her shoulder as she looked out towards the gang.

'Anyone?' Aaliyah said again.

'We need to split up, check any roads leading out of Riverdale to neighbouring towns' one serpent said.

'Good idea' Aaliyah nodded.

'Talk amongst yourselves a moment' Toni said as she bent down to her daughter.

'You did great baby girl' Toni said kissing her head 'let me take it from here though okay? I need you to look after your brother'.

'Okay Mama' Aaliyah nodded taking her brothers hand and leading him back to Veronica.

Veronica picked Phoenix up and placed him on her lap as she comforted him before turning to his sister.

'That was very brave, your Mom would be proud' Veronica wrapped her arm around the little girl as Aaliyah sat down next to her.

***

Toni sat on the edge of the stage with Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead.

'T, what do you think happened?' Fangs asked.

'I dunno, I don't know if she's totalled her car somewhere, I don't think she's in a hospital though they'd have her details and they'd reached out to me' Toni said.

'Yeah you're right' Sweet Pea agreed.

'You don't think someone's got her, do you?' Jughead asked.

'Like who?' Toni said 'she was out with Raven and I've already paid her a visit'.

'Maybe a stranger?' Fangs said.

'I dunno' Toni shrugged 'like what would be the reason?'.

'I'm not sure' Fangs said.

'Toni, you don't think it's anything to do with the Ghoulies do you?' Jughead said with wide eyes.

'The Ghoulies are old news' Sweet Pea said 'we made sure of that'.