Fourteen

A few days went by, Toni and Cheryl had texted each other now and again but nothing too much, they also hadn't arranged any other dates.

Since it was Saturday evening the redhead was expecting her children to arrive home any minute and she was excited to see them.

Since it was October she decided they could watch a Halloween movie with some candy which she placed in bowls on the coffee table.

Weirdly enough there was a knock on her door which she found strange since Aaliyah and Phoenix usually ran straight into the house.

She moved to the door and smiled as her children hugged her legs after Toni kissed them both goodbye, both of the twins bending down to pet Bears head before running past Cheryl and into the house.

'Hi' Toni smiled 'we decided to walk back today and since it's getting dark they wanted me to walk them to the door'.

'Of course, how are you?' Cheryl asked.

'I'm good thank you, you?' Toni smiled.

'I'm fine' Cheryl nodded as silence settled between them before the redhead spoke again 'do you maybe want to join us? We're watching Halloween movies'.

'Are you sure that's alright?' Toni asked not wanting to overstep.

'Yeah we're still their parents, they don't have to know anything' Cheryl said.

'Okay, what about him?' Toni said motioning to Bear.

'I'm sure he'll be fine as long as he stays off of the furniture' Cheryl said looking at the puppy who had already doubled in size since she last saw him.

'Okay' Toni nodded with a smile as Cheryl stepped out of the way to let her through.

They made their way to the lounge where the children tried to hide the candy wrappers behind their backs as they sent their redheaded mother a mischievous grin.

'Mama? What are you doing?' Aaliyah asked.

'Mommy invited me a watch a movie with you guys' Toni smiled at her children.

Aaliyah and Phoenix jumped up and down excitedly completely forgetting about the wrappers they had in their hands.

Cheryl and Toni smiled at each other before the brunette took Bear off the lead and instructed him to lay down.

'Let me get your jacket' Cheryl said holding out her hands.

'Oh thank you' Toni smiled as she slipped it off and handed it to the redhead who disappeared out of the room.

When she came back in she had a tray of drinks which she place on the coffee table, the twins had laid down together on the opposite couch so the only seat left was next to Toni which she didn't mind.

Everyone thanked the redhead as they grabbed a drink and got comfortable under the blankets, Cheryl turned off the lights and played the movie.

Aaliyah clapped excitedly as she realised the movie was one of her favourites.

'Coraline is scary Mommy' Phoenix complained as he lifted his head to look over to his mothers.

'It's Halloween silly it has to be scary' Aaliyah said as she took a sip of her drink.

'You'll be okay baby, if you get too scared we'll turn it off' Cheryl winked, the little boy nodded before laying back down and turning his attention back to the television.

Both Cheryl and Toni tried to concentrate on the movie playing and not on how close they were to each other.

They kept painfully still as Aaliyah and Phoenix chatted quietly through the movie, the little girl reassuring her brother he was fine and that it's just a movie.