Twenty

The weekend had been perfect, the family had spent some quality time together and once the twins were in bed Cheryl and Toni had a chance to spend time together too.

It was Monday now and they had taken the twins to school together, waving them off with a smile.

Like last week they had drove separately to their counselling session parking their cars next to each other.

They were both just as nervous if not more nervous than last week since they were actually in a relationship now and their children knew about it.

Both of them knew how hard these sessions were going to be but it was necessary and if it was what it took for them to be happy together then they would do it.

'Ready?' Toni asked as she took the redheads hand.

'Yes' Cheryl nodded before she felt herself being pulled slightly towards the building.

***

The couple sat on the couch hand in hand just like they had the week before.

'Good afternoon ladies, how has your week been?' Regina asked as she took her seat.

'It's been great' Toni spoke first 'we've decided to give our relationship another try'.

'That's good to hear, Cheryl how do you feel about that?' Regina asked looking at the redhead.

'Honestly, I feel great, I know we still have a long way to go but we are on the right tracks' Cheryl smiled.

'That's great' Regina smiled 'so last week I asked you both to prepare some questions for each other, I trust that you've done that'.

Cheryl and Toni nodded, Cheryl reached into her purse and Toni reached into her pocket, both of them pulling out a piece of paper.

'Okay, I'd like you both to face each other and take it in turns to ask and answer questions, be completely honest with each other' Regina said 'Cheryl would you like to start?'.

Cheryl and Toni turned slightly to face each other, Toni saw Cheryl take a deep shaky breath before they let go of each other's hands and looked down at the questions they had prepared.

'Did you cheat because you thought there was something missing between us?' Cheryl asked as she shuffled uncomfortably in her seat.

'At the time I guess I did' Toni answered 'we weren't in a good place and I just wanted to feel something, I wanted some attention, I know how stupid and selfish that was of me and I regretted what I did instantly' Toni said keeping her eyes on the redhead, she gave her a moment to process her answer before asking her own question 'did you discover new parts of yourself when you dated Raven?'.

'I don't... I don't think I discovered new parts of myself but she definitely made me feel... free, she was carefree and I guess she brought that out again in me' Cheryl answered honestly and even though she didn't do anything wrong when she dated Raven she still felt guilty 'did you think about me or our children when you did what you did?'.

'No' Toni said as she hung her head in shame after seeing Cheryl flinch 'I didn't while I was kissing the guy but I did immediately after'.

Toni watched Cheryl nod as she wiped away a tear, she waiting a minute before asking her question 'do you think you and Raven could have built a life together?'.

Cheryl wasn't sure about that question, it was pretty hard for her to answer 'I guess I could or I wouldn't have introduced her to our children, maybe if I wasn't in love with you eventually I could have but I had no interest in doing so because I still had strong feelings for you'.