Eighteen

It was Wednesday now and Toni only had a couple of hours until she had to pick the twins up from school, she hadn't heard anything from the redhead since their therapy session on Monday and she hadn't reached out.

She wanted to give Cheryl and herself some space but she also wanted to make sure she was alright.

Maybe she should send her a quick text or a phone call, at least then if the redhead still wanted some space she didn't have to answer.

***

Cheryl and Veronica were sat on the redheads couch drinking a coffee while a reality tv show played in the background.

'So how's it going with Sweet Pea?' Cheryl asked.

'Amazing actually, he asked me to be his girlfriend on Sunday so we're officially in a relationship' Veronica smiled widely.

'Oh my god congratulations' Cheryl smiled bringing her best friend in for a hug 'he's such a good guy I'm so happy for you'.

'He really is amazing, we have so much chemistry I don't know why I never noticed it before' Veronica grinned.

'Well he's not your typical type' Cheryl smiled.

'Yeah maybe that's where I've been going wrong, I know we've not been together or dating long but this feels different, he's different'.

'I'm really happy for you V' Cheryl said and she meant it.

'Soooo...' Veronica dragged out and Cheryl knew what the next conversation was going to be about 'how's things with Toni? You guys looked pretty smitten the other night'.

'Things are pretty awkward right now, we haven't spoken for a few days' Cheryl admitted.

'Did something happen?' Veronica questioned.

'We had our first therapy session on Monday' Cheryl said simply.

'And it didn't go well?' Veronica pushed.

'It's not that it didn't go well, it went as I expected it would but some things are difficult to talk about'.

'That's understandable though Cheryl, you have to deal with whatever you feel truthfully so you can heal and move forward' Veronica said softly.

'I know, I just wish that we could skip this part and go back to how we were before things started to go wrong' Cheryl sighed.

'I have faith that the both of you will be alright, I still believe the two of you are soulmates' Veronica smiled.

Just as Cheryl was about to open her mouth to speak the pair were interrupted by the sound of the redheads phone ringing.

'It's Toni...' Cheryl said as she looked at the screen.

'Answer it, I'm gonna give you some privacy and head home' Veronica smiled as she stood up 'you've got this'.

Cheryl watched Veronica leave sending her a final wave before accepting the call from Toni.

'Hello' Cheryl said quietly.

'Are we okay?' Toni rushed out.

'What?' Cheryl asked.

'Me and you, are we okay? I haven't heard from you in a couple of days and I wanted to check in' Toni said.

Cheryl sat back against the couch 'we're okay, I'm sorry for being a little distant'.

Toni let out a breath of relief 'it's fine Cher, take all the time you need, I just... I miss you and I didn't know if things had changed for us after the therapy session'.