Seven

Cheryl and Toni didn't speak the following week, they had fell into the same routine they had been in for the past few months.

Cheryl couldn't forget about the soft kiss Toni had planted on her head before leaving and Toni couldn't forget how much she wanted to join Cheryl on the couch and just hold her close.

Neither of them did anything about how they felt though, Cheryl couldn't forgive Toni for what she had done and Toni didn't want to overstep and make the redhead uncomfortable.

They were finally able to at least be in the same room together and neither of them wanted to ruin it for their children.

All Aaliyah and Phoenix wanted to do was spend time with their parents as a family, it was all they ever wanted really.

It was Friday afternoon and Cheryl had been texting with Raven deciding on meeting a little earlier so they could grab a bite to eat before the carnival.

Raven told Cheryl to dress comfortably and wear shoes that she didn't mind getting muddy since the carnival was on a giant field.

The redhead chose some simple black jeans and a red turtle neck sweater with some black sneakers that she didn't mind ruining.

Cheryl's date had asked if she could pick her up from her house and the redhead agreed feeling like she knew the woman a little better after their first date.

A knock on the door didn't leave the redhead with anymore time to think about her nerves or Toni, she glanced at herself one more time before heading towards the door.

'Hey' Cheryl said with a smile as she opened the door to see Raven stood on the other side, a large bouquet in her hands.

'Hi, these are for you' Raven said handing the flowers over.

'Thank you so much' Cheryl beamed as she took the bouquet handed to her 'would you like to come in for a moment while I put these in some water?'.

'Sure' Raven nodded stepping into the house.

'Make yourself at home' Cheryl said as she headed to the kitchen in search of a vase.

'You have a beautiful home' Raven called out as her eyes moved around the lounge.

'Thank you' Cheryl smiled entering the lounge and placing the vase of flowers on the coffee table.

'Are you ready to go?' Raven asked 'I know a nice little place we can eat'.

'Sure let's go' Cheryl smiled.

***

Raven pulled up to a small diner just outside of Riverdale and Cheryl was glad the other woman hadn't suggested Pops since she didn't want to run into Toni or her children.

'It's not much but the foods great' Raven said before she stepped out of the car, Cheryl doing the same.

'Looks perfect to me' Cheryl smiled as she took the hand offered to her and followed the brunette inside.

They found a seat in a quieter area before Raven went to the counter to place their orders, both of them choosing cheeseburgers and fries from the menu.

'Here's your cherry cola' Raven smiled handing the drink to the redhead as she sat across from her with her own 'our food will be out shortly'.

'Thank you' Cheryl smiled 'so how's your week been?'.

'Kind of busy with work but that's about it. What about you, how's your son feeling? Is he better?' Raven asked.

'He's fine now thankfully and nothing much, I spent last weekend with the twins and Toni since Phoenix was feeling unwell' Cheryl said honestly.