peaceful (14)

things start getting sus around here lmao

Unknown's POV

Today has been exhausting.

The guys are all gathered in Harry's office for yet another endless day of tracking Davina's parents down. I told Harry countless times, we're not any closer to them than we were at day one and really think we should Davina to get them out, even if it's as a bait.

Speaking of her,

I carefully turn the golden doorknob to her and Zayn's bedroom. The only form of illumination being the LED lights from under the stairs and the moonlight from the window. 

Slowly stepping inside, I close the door behind me not to cause any suspicion. Passing over Zayn's sleeping figure, I run a hand through my messy hair and take a seat beside Davina's bed.

Tucked under the duvets on this calm night, sleep pooled her eyelids, the spacious room filled only with the faint sound of her light breathing. She was such a quiet sleeper I'd doubt she was even alive if it weren't for my very close position.

Her blonde hair fanned across her back and a few strands laid delicately on her face, I wish I could touch her hair. Davina's body swims in one of my big hoodies as she lays in her stomach, undisturbed, as the frown of anxiety that usually takes over her features looks long gone.

Her full lips were slightly parted to allow her breathing as her cheek stay smushed against her palm. So peaceful.

She looks so pure and fragile sleeping like this. Certainly the type of person I look for to cleanse my soul of all the sins I've been doing lately. If only I could get to her. But I know Harry is like an invisible wall standing between us and her.

I don't know what's going on between them but I hope he doesn't want her in that way. I know what he does to girls and she's too pure for that. He's gonna ruin her.

I wish I could tell her the truth but boss said I have to wait.

I miss her so much.

Taking her delicate fingers into my hand, I look at the chipped nail polish and wonder how great it would look in my collection. But that's not what I'm here for, I need to purify myself.

Focus

Reaching for my back pocket, I bring out a small canivete I always carry around and bring it to the palm of Davina's hand.

Just a little, that's all I can take right now.

I start applying a little more pressure, but just as the blade was about to cut through the skin I hear some shuffling behind me, causing me to stop dead. I shoot my head in the direction of Zayn's bed and see that he was tossing and turning a little too much.

I can't risk with this, It'd ruin everything. He'd be so disappointed.

I take one last look at Davina and gently brush the hair out of her face, before getting to my feet and walking towards the door. I carefully slip out of their room and shut the door behind me, letting my breath finally go.

"Where were you?" Harry asks as soon as I step back into the office, taking a seat next to the boys in the couch.

I grab the water bottle in front of me and take a small sip before looking back up and answering,

"Just having a smoke."

~~~~
short chapter but ooooooo Who'd you think that was 🤨🤨🤨