Love won't save you (61)

15 goddamn thousand reads. 15K. WHAT. you guys this is MAD. I was looking through the old chapters and like Chap. 30 we had 2k reads and now???? THANK YOU.

Here's how I'm gonna reward you: s a d n e s s

Davina's POV

Waking up with a knife to your throat is exactly as terrifying as you'd think it is.

You may be confused as to what is happening, so let me rewind. Me and Harry fell asleep holding each other's hands, sleeping on each other's side of the bed, and my chest was full of contentment. It was just the two of us, but I felt so safe. Finally, we were safe again.

Spoken too soon, I must say, because it was as though I had only slept for a couple of minutes when there was a sharp discomfort to the top of my throat. I didn't open my eyes immediately, sleep still coaxing my jumbled thoughts, but as the discomfort grew to pressing pain, I came to notice Harry's hand was no longer on mine.

My eyes shot open, and that is how we arrive - so wondrously - into the present moment. Where a knife is pressed to my throat and adrenaline shoots through my blood in stinging spikes. I can't even focus on the person in front of me, but I don't think I know him at all. All I can tell from my tear-blurred eyes is that he's a man, he has multiple tattoos and he's currently on top of me pinning me down.

I couldn't move. Not because my first reaction had been to freeze, I could feel all my muscles vibrating to flee, but because the man had his knees to both of my arms and his full weight on top of my chest. I could feel my already bruised ribs crushing, my lungs constricting, but all running through my mind was - if this man is here, holding me down, then where the hell is Harry?

Oh, God.

I inhale - or try to - a lungful of air, blinking rapidly to get rid of the tears. The man's unfamiliar face and a sardonic grin came into focus pretty quickly, and my throat closed in around itself because I may not know this man but I have a feeling I know exactly why he was here.

The next thing to come into focus is my hearing, and somewhere behind this man were two other male voices talking. I immediately recognized both of them, and the realization sent a shiver down my spine. One was smooth and deep, although sounding ragged with exhaustion, the rich accent familiar amongst chaos. The second voice was familiar too, but I now associate it with danger.

Harry and Zayn.

The man on top of me followed the line where my eyes had darted, and at the sight of something above his shoulder he smiled. That can't be good. I try to squirm out from underneath him but his grip on my shoulders is strong, his weight crushing. I can't believe this is already happening - I knew there was a chance we'd have to face off against Liam and Zayn again but, how did they even get in here? How, so soon?

"Is she awake?" Zayn's voice cut through my thoughts like a hot knife on plastic, distorting every part of it. The man on top of me didn't even bother looking back, he just nodded while still smirking sadistically at me "bring her here," Zayn said. There was something strange, something colder about his voice since the last time I saw him. I knew without a second of a doubt that my fear had come true. Liam had gotten to him, gotten in his mind.

Not a second later I was being pulled harshly to my knees, one of the man's hands closing in around my throat while the other pulled my shoulder. Oxygen was no longer making its way down my lungs and my head lightened as I got shuffled around, but I was still aware enough of my surrounding to hear Harry's desperate "Don't you dare touch her,"

I got shoved to the floor somewhere near his voice, having just enough time to brace my hands to the front and protect my head. The fall vertebrated through my bones, every inch of my body aching but I still scrambled to my knees, pulling myself close to the only source of heat in this room. Harry's eyes met mine in a sideway glance, I could feel the sheer panic in them and once I glanced down it was clear why.