Clear Intentions (23)

Sorry this took a little longer babes

Zayn's POV

"Zayn," The low voice wakes me from my state of light sleep.

I slowly blink my eyes open to the darkness of the room, the only form of illumination being the small sun rays peaking through the curtains.

God it must be too early.

I glance over at Davina's bed searching for the source of noise only to find her fast asleep with her back facing me. Did I imagine that?

"Psst. Zayn." The voice calls me once more being slightly louder, sounding like a male voice. I hold myself up on by elbows and glance at the door, seeing head peaking through the small light.

Is that Liam?

"Hi?" I yawn quietly, squinting my eyes to have a better look at the figure since his face was shadowed.

"Come outside?" He questions, gesturing for me to move with his hand. He sounded kinda drunk and out of it, what the hell is he doing?

Man I just wanna sleep, the past few nights haven't been the greatest and I keep waking up with nightmares all the time. I'm always checking if Davina is still there as well because it seems as if she made sneaking out in the middle of the night a habit.

I decide that I might as well leave the bed now, it's not like I can go back to sleep since it's already morning and soon enough Louis will be banging at the door for breakfast, though is he's as bad as Liam sounds maybe I won't have to eat today.

I groan as I stand up from the comforter, my back aching slightly and my feet almost burning as they met the cold ground. "Sup?" I stretch my arms above my head and step out into the hallway.

I don't know what time it is but the sun is rising already, they must have been back from the pub just now.

Liam looks absolutely wasted, bloodshot eyes accompanied by dark purple bags under it. His chapped lips held a weed joint at the corner of his mouth staying the slightest parted, the ever present frown in his forehead increasing as he speaks. "Care for a hit will ya?" He holds out the lit joint in my direction.

"Are you drunk?" I stupidly ask as he keeps the joint hovering between us. Does he always offers his shit to random people?

He lets out a low chuckle and messes with the gold chain around his neck, "A little tipsy yes, now c'mon." He says once again, this time bringing it closer to my lips.

I'm not gonna lie, I could really use some weed right now. I don't really do those strong drugs but this helps me relax a little more, but I usually only smoke with Vina. She made me promise to never do it without her ever again after a little incident that happened.

We can't all keep our promises I guess.

I take the joint from between his fingers and place it in the middle of my lips, taking a long drag and closing my eyes peacefully. Feeling the warm sensation burn through my airways and making home inside my lungs, holding it in for a few seconds until my throat itches and I let it out. Smoke filling the hallway.

"Why so serious?" Liam asks as I open my eyes but take another hit, leaning against a wall to face me with crossed arms, watching as I lost myself in the inebriating smoke.

I glance at him from my peripheral vision, furrowing my eyebrows in question. "What?"

"You," He stand up straight again, taking a small step in my direction with curious eyes. "I've been watching and you've been weird all week."