You Are In Love (60)

Woah, this is probably the longest I've ever gone without updating. You guys I'm not gonna apologize and say I was having a hard time and that's why I stopped writing cuz truly I was doing pretty okay, I just don't think I was in the right space of mind for this book. But I'm back (ish), and I will not promise constant updates cuz ya girl has a life too (who am I kidding? I just read all day.) But I will TRY.

Anyway, thank YOU so much for 13k, for sticking with me, and for showing my little offspring so much love. Hope you like this one cuz I've been writing it for a whole month (Not joking) ALSO THOUGHTS ON HARRY'S HOUSE?? Little Freak is my personal favorite.

****

Niall's POV

September 7

"Are you serious?" Lauren's laugh echoes through the quiet living room, her palm landing on my shoulder almost subconsciously. I look at it briefly and give her a small smile, nodding along.

"I'm telling you, it took him ages to even admit he found her slightly attractive." I've been telling her Harry's and Davina's complicated love story while she cleaned my wound again. I think it started as a serious conversation, her wanting to know how Davina fits into all this, but now it just turned into a 'dissing Harry' convo.

I've been getting to know Lauren a bit more for the day or so I've been here. We managed to have some pretty decent talks when I was not passing out from the pain. And I can't lie and say I haven't developed a slight obsession, but how could I not, she's such a different kind of beautiful. Calm and quiet and so very lovely.

Lauren is twenty-six in her last year of medical school, which came in very handy at this moment in time. In the couple of hours I've known her I discovered she likes American football and skateboarding, poetry, plants, and playing the piano. She played a song for me. Her hair is long and dark, and her eyes are almost black but if you really look there are some hints of honey. And her lips, god, her lips. They're angelic.

"All done." Her smooth voice pulls me back to reality.

I look down at my patched-up stomach before shooting her an appreciative smile. It still hurts like hell but Lauren says I was very lucky it didn't cause any major bleeding so it'll probably heal nicely. Emphasis on the 'probably', I've been banned from any activities that involve too much stamina.

Lauren is still sitting by my hip, staring down at me with a little grin that is starting to look mischievous. My eyes fall to her lips, just like they do every time she smiles, and my own part slightly. I always thought it was bullshit when people said at least once in your life you'd find someone who just makes sense with you. But God, we just clicked. I've known her for what? 36 hours? And still, it feels like I've gotten to know her more than I have ever done to anyone in my life.

Louis would say we're just bonding over a traumatic experience but I've got to disagree. We haven't even talked about Liam apart from when I had to brief her on what the hell was happening.

I push on my elbows and sit up straight, wincing when it puts a little too much pressure on my side. Lauren immediately reaches down to place her hand on the wound, before realizing she's touching my shirtless skin, a trembling breath escaping her. Her eyes shoot back to mine and our faces were so close now I could see the little freckles on her nose, and she didn't pull away.

My hand moves slowly on top of hers, taking hold of it. Lauren's gaze falls to the movement and her breathing falters as I begin moving our interlaced hands up my torso, my own heart beating erratically. I bring our hands to my lips, kissing each of her knuckles while keeping my gaze on her face. When I pull away, she meets my eyes again, conviction taking over her features bit by bit.