one

welcome to the second more requested book. this one is purely going to be of fluff and mom!emily☺️

also please read the note at the end of the book for a little clarification with the book ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of death
word count: 3334

Emily: "Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation." Robert A. Heinlein.

"Carrie?" Emily said softly and knocked on the door. The teenager was wide awake, staring off into space. Emily shut the door behind her as she walked in. Carrie finally noticed her and looked up. "You didn't sleep, did you?"

Carrie shook her head as she played with her fingers in front of her. "I don't want any more nightmares. Plus, the policeman came in and said I had to be ready soon so I can meet with a social worker."

"That's not your only option," Emily said and knelt in front of Carrie. The young woman furrowed her eyebrows. "You are a bright young girl, Carrie. And I know you're going through a lot right now. It would help to go with someone who understands what kind of situation you're going through."

"You—You want to take me in?" Carrie asked softly. Her eyes were softening as she looked at Emily. The raven-haired woman smiled softly.

"Only if you want. I know it's a big move from Denver to DC, but I can—"

"Yes," Carrie said and grabbed Emily's hand. "I don't want to be here anymore. I don't want to see that house and be reminded of the worse day of my life. Please, please, take me away from here."

"Okay, okay. I'm just going to go pack up with my team, and then we can go to the airport," Emily said and patted the teenager's hand. Carrie felt a weight lift off of her shoulders. The teenager was terrified that she would end up in a terrible foster home for a year. Carrie had taken a liking to Emily. The woman was nice, gentle and most importantly, she cared. It felt like Emily, and the rest of the team had respect for Carrie. So, it was an easy yes for Carrie to agree to leave with Emily. The older woman got up and left the room.

"Are you sure about this?" David asked as he watched Emily from the window. The raven-haired woman nodded her head.

"You know better than anyone, Rossi. I've always wanted to have kids but, I never got that opportunity. I might as well adopt. Carrie is bright and has a lot of potential. Plus, it's going to be hard on her," Emily said and crossed her arms. She looked over at Rossi, who just pursed his lips. "What?"

"You have a big heart. Let's hope you know how to handle a teenager," Rossi said and chuckled as he patted Emily's back. The two of them walked off and helped Hotch with cleaning up. Emily's entire body was now full of nerves. He was right. Emily had no idea how to handle a teenager. Especially a sixteen-year-old. Now, maybe she should have bought a parenting book before making her decision.

The team had gotten everything together before getting ready and heading to the jet. Emily was in a car with Carrie, JJ, and Spencer. She was driving and would occasionally take a glance at the teenager in the back seat. She was looking out at the Denver scenery. That would be the last time she'd probably see it.

Emily wasn't the only one looking at someone in the car. JJ would steal glances at Emily as she would put her eyes back on the road. Emily was just very lovely to look at.

Emily had pulled up to the airstrip and put the car in park. The team all got down and grabbed their things before boarding the jet. Carrie was taking in the new things happening at once.